They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Scene menus

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Scene menus

Postby smiley6338 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:00 pm

I have had Premier Elements 3 for years, and I have never really tried to use it. I was going to upgrade, but my hard drive space is reaching 1/2 way mark, and I want to wait until I get a new computer to get version 9.

I just made a LONG wedding video for a friend, and I just outputted it to DVD. Everything worked great EXCEPT the scene menu. I have 12 scenes in the movie . . . and on the main menu, there is a "scenes" menu button, but when I select it while watching the DVD, it only shows the 1st 4 scenes. I've searched and searched for a solution, and I cannot figure this out. I pray that someone can help me.

BTW . . . I am new to this site and LOVE the tutorials. I decided to try it out, before I subscribe, but I can tell that this is a site that I'll want a subscription to. THANK YOU so much for the wonderful information and education. God bless!
smiley6338
New User
New User

Re: Scene menus

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi Smiley, Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:
Thanks for all the kind words about the site :)

Depending on the scene menu you used there may only be 4 scenes per page.
There should be an arrow that you can highlight with your remote and move from page 1 to page 2 and so on.
Your menu should have 3 scene menu pages.

You should also be able to see this when you are on the DVD menu page in Premiere Elements, you can actually test the menu out there first.

Steve has put together some all text menus that allow you to have up to 12 or more scenes all on one scene menu, those are in the products section.
I think there is one for version 3, probably in the Archive pages.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Also, go to your Premiere Elements project on the DVD authoring panel and have a look at the menu you've created.

On the menu preview, do you see more than one scene on each scene menu page?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby smiley6338 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Thank you both so much for your reply. There was no arrow to allow me to go from one scene page to the other. I wonder if there is some sort of quirky thing with my Premier Elements 3 . ? . ? I could see all the scene pages in the DVD menu, but when I went to "preview video", it showed "scenes", and when I chose it, it would only go to page one, and there were no arrows to allow me to go to pages two and three from there. When I test burned the DVD, it was the same way and would not allow any way to get to page one and two from my DVD player's remote. I sadly had to meet a deadline with the video and just went and deleted pages two and three and only had 4 scenes . . . on page one. I burned the discs that way, which wasn't just how I wanted it to be . . . but I couldn't figure out any other way to do it, and I had to get it finished. THANK YOU again so much for your responses. I really appreciate the input and help. I LOVE THIS SITE . . . and BRAVO on all of the information and tutorials. I have LEARNED SO MUCH and look forward to making more videos. I hope to get a new PC with more space soon and upgrade to a newer version. You two are THE BEST! I so appreciate the knowledge that you both share. God bless you both!
smiley6338
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:08 am

Bless you too, Smiley! It's great to know that we're making a difference.

Unfortunately, we can't work through every bug in every program. But we'll sure as heck try!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions