They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Thankful for Muvipix this Thanksgiving!

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Thankful for Muvipix this Thanksgiving!

Postby EleanorAliza » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Dear Steve, Chuck and everyone else who has helped this newbie,

I just burned my first finished slideshow project to a folder, then to DVD using Roxio. It only took PRE4 20 minutes and Roxio 5 minutes to give me a truly wonderful DVD. It has music, transitions, still clips that now move, rolling credits and a menu. Although it took me approximately 200 hours to learn PRE4 (from books & all of you guys) and put this project together. Without all of your input it would have taken years.

This DVD is a Thanksgiving gift for my cousin, with whom we traveled to Europe this year. I just found out she has a new TV, widescreen of course. Is there anyway to change a project to widescreen format without starting all over? Just curious, I am sure she can change her DVD player to view a 4:3 format instead of the 16:9 (I think that is widescreen) because I can do it on mine.

May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I am truly thankful that there are people like you that give so freely of your time and knowledge. I will certainly pay it forward.

A Thankful Newbie,
Aliza
Vostro 410, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8300 (2.83GHz), 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz Dual Channel, 2-250 GB Serial ATA HD 7200 RPM 8MB Cache, 256MB ATI Radeon HD3650, Optiarc 16X DVD+/-RW, 16X DVDROM, IEEE 1394A, 22" UltraSharp Digital Monitor, WIN XP SP3
EleanorAliza

Re: Thankful for Muvipix this Thanksgiving!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Well, we're certainly thankful for supporters like you who help keep this site alive, Aliza!

Great to hear you're already enjoying a major success with the program.

There's no easy way to change your slideshow from 4:3 to 16:9 -- at least not without some potential problems. So I'd send it out as is. I'm sure your cousin will be so impressed with your work she won't even notice it doesn't fill her entire screen!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions