They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Canon Legria FS21-no widescreenoutput

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Canon Legria FS21-no widescreenoutput

Postby MÃ¥llgan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:19 am

I am a little bit confused with my new Canon Legria FS21-camera, which produces mod-files. When I import the modfiles to Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0 and let Adobe produce a dvd (VIDEO_TS-file including vobfiles etc), and play this dvd on a dvdplayer, the film on the TV-screen is not widescreen as it is when Adobe produces dvd:s based on input files from my Canon HV20-camera and my Flip Ultra HD-camera. The filmscreen is a little bit "narrow" with black stripes to the left and right (looks like 4:3-format). This has nothing to do with the chosen TV- or dvdplayerscreenoptions (the option widescreen is chosen). However,the film in the Adobeproject is shown as full widescreen. I have of course started the Adobeproject as a widescreenproject. And when I play the Legriaproduced modfiles in the computer´s Nero Show Time, the film is shown in full widescreen. And the only cameraoption is widescreen.
Something seems to happen when Elements 4.0 produces the output dvd-files, but what (and why)?
MÃ¥llgan
New User
New User

Re: Canon Legria FS21-no widescreenoutput

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:49 am

Welcome to Muvipix!

MOD files can be problematical. While Premiere Elements usually does a good job at detecting the video file aspect ratio, sometimes, for various reasons, it doesn't. Locate the file in the project media bin. Right click on it and select interpret footage. Select the appropriate aspect ratio from the choices and you should be fine.
Bob

Return to Prior Versions