They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Templates Have Disappeared!

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: DVD Templates Have Disappeared!

Postby Ken Jarstad » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 am

Yes, it is still available.

Interestingly, one of the patches is:
"Resolved application crashes on selecting the DVD template folder"

Perhaps it took them awhile to fix that crazy pointer to the DVD templates!
(Hmmmm, I wonder if a guy could ferret out the proper pointer and fix PRE2? Mr Fixit is always looking for an angle)
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:58 pm

How would that work regarding registration of the software? I think I have some older copies of PrEl in the attic closet that I could part with under similar circumstances, but of course they're registered in my name.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Dave, the standard Adobe terms of use do not allow for passing along or selling an older version that has been used as the basis of an upgrade if you keep your current version. Your license applies to the current version and the past upgraded versions. Selling any transfers all. To be able to register a previouly registered product, you need to transfer the license. Here is the official Adobe page with the details: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/152/tn_15281.html
Bob

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks Bob. I didn't think PrEl has ever been sold as a upgrade. None of the versions that I have required that a previous version already be installed. OTOH, they do offer rebates if you can prove ownership of a previous version. Unless they keep track of rebates and wouldn't allow a transfer of license if you've been issued a rebate...
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Dave, you are correct. I slipped gears and was thinking of Photoshop. Sorry about that. There should be no problem with Elements. Technically, the transfer of license form still applies. However, since that version is no longer officially supported and there are no upgrade editions, there's no compelling reason to register unless there is some kind of activation or similar issue.
Bob

Postby Ken Jarstad » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

I have something very odd to report:

<Insert theme from 'Outer Limits' here!>

In trying to get PRE3 to work on my new rig I ended up removing most of the video applications, especially Nero 8 and anything that would install a new codec. I gave up on PRE3 because the HDV support did not work at all and it appears the application is simply too old to fiddle with while running Win7.

So I reinstalled Nero 8 and then tried to run PRE2. I could still use PRE2 for my community access TV show since I only need auto-play DVDs and I am very efficient using it due to familiarity. PRE2 refused to run and brought up a dialog box saying some nonsense that the copy was not authorized. Phupsztye! <Bronx cheer>. I uninstalled PRE2 and reinstalled after scraping and honing with Comodo System-cleaner (great program!) and CCleaner. Guess what? PRE2 now shows and makes available all the DVD templates!!!

Mind you, I haven't yet actually done a project on this new install of PRE2 but I rather mystified by this turn around in behavior. I have mixed feelings about this. So trot out the smileys.

:pull: :roll: :-8 =D> #-o :no: :tup: [-X [-o< ](*,) :- :blackeye: [-( :!:
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:41 pm

I make it a point never to argue with serendipity, Ken. Just be glad it works!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ken Jarstad » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:07 pm

To ad to my twilight zone report:

I use Comodo System Cleaner and Ccleaner to clean the registry after uninstalling the trial versions of the video apps I have using. I mentioned previously my joy discovering that the DVD templates in PRE2 were once again available after the most recent re-install. Well, Comodo and Ccleaner both report all the references to the DVD templates are orphans and offers to remove them! I'm glad I pawed through the report first before deleting all the junk. I unchecked the DVD template references and deleted all the rest.

Have you ever whistled in the dark? :-
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Prior Versions