They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Export Movie

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Export Movie

Postby dalelpaq » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:35 am

I'm still confused and would like to try this one more time. I am using PE4 to edit m2t clips. M2t is the best I can afford. Editing in PE4 works perfectly. From here, I want to move the completed movie over to After Effects for some critical color correction and other visual effects. The problem is that I have to render the PE4 version to get it there (as far as I know, or is there another way?). The m2t clips are already highly compressed video and lots of information is gone forever. That said, I don't want to exacerbate this problem any further by recompressing on export from PE4. I'm thinking I need to use the file>export>movie option and output using, presumably, uncompressed Microsoft avi. It's true, the files are huge! Nonetheless, I can move them to and work in After Effects. That said, when setting up the export function, I'm offered a choice between 10-bit YUV (4:2:2) and an 8-bit version. Technically, I understand what these are, and I know they won't improve quality at all, but I don't know why they are offered vs. something like "none." Also, I can independently set the frame size from the PAR which seems inconsistent with a PAR of "HD anamorphic 1080 (1.33)." In other words, I could set a frame size of 720 X 480 and the PAR mentioned at the same time.

I could well be going about this all wrong. My only goal is to use PE4 as my editor then After Effects for visual effects then PE4 for final compression and burn without losing any more quality in the pipeline than I did by shooting in HDV to begin with. I would like to better understand the file>export>movie function (PE help is nearly useless). I am open to any suggestions other than to buy a new camera. Thanks, Dale
dalelpaq
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Export Movie

Postby Paul LS » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:43 am

When you go File>Export>Movie, you should select the Microsoft AVI export option not the Microsoft DV AVI. Then with Microsoft AVI you can select Video Codec and you should be able to select None. You could set the frame size as 1920x1080 and keep the PAR as 1 in both AE and PE4.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Export Movie

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:47 am

Paul, do you use 1920 x 1080 or would it be 1440 x 1080? Do you have to select 16:9 aspect ratio?
These things always confuse me too, the Adobe Media Encoder is much easier I think.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions