They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sonicfire Pro 4 in Adobe PE4

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Sonicfire Pro 4 in Adobe PE4

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:50 am

Hi guys,

I think I am suffering from memory lapse. Perhaps, dementia is about to set in.

My problem is this, I remember some time ago I was able to purchase single tracks/music from Sonicfire Pro within Adobe PE4.

And Sonicfire Pro was excellent in that it allow me to test/demo and adjust a few settings before I click the confirm button to purchase.

And now, after a while camping in Final Cut, I went into Adobe PE4 and I don't have the slightest clue as to how to purchase a single track from Sonicfire Pro.

Can let me know the steps ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Sonicfire Pro 4 in Adobe PE4

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:07 am

This is why you should never go on vacation, Ryan!

Anyway, I think this is the discussion you were talking about:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5859

Maybe, when Bill Hunt checks in, he'll have the answer you're looking for.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:This is why you should never go on vacation, Ryan!

Hahaha, yes Steve, that was a good one. :lol:

But I was actively being a nuisance by asking questions in the Apple Forum learning Final Cut.

Maybe, when Bill Hunt checks in, he'll have the answer you're looking for.

Yes, I am still waiting for Bill to rescue to me. Could it be his turn on vacation ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:53 pm

Here he is, here he is!!!

Ryan,

Sonicfire Pro is a stand-alone app., where QuickTracks for Premiere is the plug-in, that is use with PrE and PrPro (except for CS4, as of this writing - should change soon). Now, the company is SmartSound Inc. and they make both of those programs, plus do the music to be used exclusively in those programs. One can purchase many cuts directly from either program.

In Sonicfire Pro (the stand-alone), you just open it up and go to Maestro in the Toolbar. Click on All in the Find Music column. It will first check for the Library Helpers on your system (these should be updated from SmartSound and the offer to do so will appear when you start Sonicfire Pro), then it will look at SmartSounds Libraries (if you updated, this will not be necessary). It will list All music available, both what you have and what you do not have. Pick one that is listed, but not owned and you will probably be able to buy that. Now, some cuts are NOT available for individual purchase, though most are. The Strata Series are usually not. Cannot say that ALL are not, but the majority are not. There may be other Series that fall into this category too, like the Classical Series?

In QuickTracks for Pr, it's very similar and one can purchase the same exact cuts available in Sonicfire Pro. PS - the updating of the Library Helpers and Preview files in one, takes care of the other program's needs, if on the same machine.

Here's a recent article on SmartSound, that might have a bit more info: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/479911?tstart=0

Hope that this helps,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Bill Hunt wrote:Here he is, here he is!!!

Ryan,

Sonicfire Pro is a stand-alone app., where QuickTracks for Premiere is the plug-in, that is use with PrE and PrPro (except for CS4, as of this writing - should change soon). Now, the company is SmartSound Inc. and they make both of those programs, plus do the music to be used exclusively in those programs. One can purchase many cuts directly from either program.

In Sonicfire Pro (the stand-alone), you just open it up and go to Maestro in the Toolbar. Click on All in the Find Music column. It will first check for the Library Helpers on your system (these should be updated from SmartSound and the offer to do so will appear when you start Sonicfire Pro), then it will look at SmartSounds Libraries (if you updated, this will not be necessary). It will list All music available, both what you have and what you do not have. Pick one that is listed, but not owned and you will probably be able to buy that. Now, some cuts are NOT available for individual purchase, though most are. The Strata Series are usually not. Cannot say that ALL are not, but the majority are not. There may be other Series that fall into this category too, like the Classical Series?

In QuickTracks for Pr, it's very similar and one can purchase the same exact cuts available in Sonicfire Pro. PS - the updating of the Library Helpers and Preview files in one, takes care of the other program's needs, if on the same machine.

Here's a recent article on SmartSound, that might have a bit more info: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/479911?tstart=0

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

Thanks a million, Bill.

My memory is coming back albeit a slow one. I think based on your explanation, it must be QuickTracks where I purchased some track/music the other time.

One thing that I remember is that I did it within Premiere. The problem is now I have forgotten the steps, I opened up Adobe PE4 & I don't have a clue how to proceed next to access QuickTracks.

Can help to let me know what & where to click ? i only know up to Step 1, if you can please help to continue.

Step 1: Open up Adobe PE4

Step 2: ??????

Step 3: ?????
Last Step: Key in credit card details to purchase the track/music

THANKS A MILLION !!
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Prior Versions