They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Circle IN?

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Circle IN?

Postby slushparlor1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:51 am

Hello,

I know there is a circle in/out gradient but I'm wondering what people use when they circle in a part of a clip? An example would be a clock on the wall and someone keyframes the clock as a circle all the way into a photo.

Am I making sense?

Thanks.

Theresa
slushparlor1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Circle IN?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:30 pm

You could certainly use a backgroundless PSD file with a round hole cut into it and then keyframe its scaling so that it seems to zoom into the clock.

Is that what you're trying to do?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Rather than make a separate psd file, I would create a title with a circle in it and use it as the matte in a track matte key. Make sure the circle is centered in the title and position the title over the object. keyframe the title scale to zoom in or out as desired. That also gives you transparency in case you want to place something underneath.
Bob

Postby Bill Hunt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 am

Depending on what one had, and what they wanted to happen, if the clock was shown in the scene, I'd Keyframe both Motion and Scale to zoom in on it, then perhaps zoom back to the full scene. For effect, I'd probably Keyframe a Gaussian Blur with a Track Matte, to defocus the background around the clock.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Theresa, not sure what effect you are trying to achieve. More info please. :) The suggestions above are very good. I'll take a stab at this...if you have a picture and want a clock to come in on top. Cut out the clock and put on the track above the pic. Place a onesided transition to the beginning of the clock graphic. Could use the circle insert. The circle insert you can move its center and place directly over the center of the clock. This way the clock pops in from its center.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Prior Versions