They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Bubble Popping

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Bubble Popping

Postby gail spiro » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi- I'm hoping someone can suggest a trick here. I'm working on a Bar Mitzvah Reflection video for a swimmer, so the whole thing will have a water theme.
I'm using PE4, and don't have any add-on packs, etc. (unfortunately!)
I'm trying to take a digital scrapbooking image of a semi-transparent bubble, and after animating it around on the screen for a couple of secs, I'm trying to make it look like it pops. (I'm thinking of having a photograph "inside" it, and having that kind of pop out when the bubble pops. I've tried various transitions, but can't get it quite right. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Bubble Popping

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Cool idea Gail, I'll be watching this to see what everyone comes up with :)

Be sure to search the products for Water and Swimming, there might be something there you can use :)
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=swimming
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Not quite sure if this is a bubble pop....Place the pic behind the the bubble since the bubble is semi-transparent,For the pop add a Sound effect(make your own with a bubblegum pop) and a bit of a flash to reveal the pic and at that moment the one large bubble turns into several tiny bubble.

For the flash bump up the brightness for 2 or 3 frames.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Or if you use a lens flare you can set the flash to a specific spot on the bubble.
Good idea Cheryl :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby gail spiro » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks- some of these suggestions sound cool, but I was hoping to find some sort of transition or effect that would make it look like the bubble actually pops. The closest I've come is the exploding boxes transition.
And Chuck- thanks for the links- I've already downloaded all of the swimming, bubble, and water motions backgrounds I could find! There are so many!
I also have some great digital images for swimming. Along with the bubbles, I have water background papers, goggles with transparent lenses, swim flags, etc.
I'm hoping to find some free sound effects, too. I did find some wonderful sound effects on line- like a swimmer swimming laps, but they have to be purchased. I'll do that as a last resort.
Keep the ideas coming! I'm loving them!
Gail
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Hi Gail

This is a great idea and one I thought I might be able to use in the future so I had to give it a shot.

I went to this guys website he's got some great brushes that work with photoshop elements including a bubbles brush set. I downloaded and set up ps elements to use it. I realize you already have a bubble but thought I'd mention that I found these and they worked great for me.
http://www.easyelements.com/free-photos ... tml#bubble

Next I created a transparent bubble psd file and brought that into premiere elements The bubble went on track three. I put a picture on track two and added the spherize effect to give the picture more of an appearance that it was inside the bubble. I also threw a white matte on track one to make the bubble stand out better.

Finally I added some animation (that I'm not completely happy with) After Effects would have better tools to do the animation part. I also tried to include a bit of a bubble splash as soon as the bubble pops but ideally the you would see some bubble drops disperse and I couldn't think of a way to do this in premiere elements. (again AE would have a particle system that you could play with to get the splash effect look better)

Anyway hope it helps or adds to your idea.

_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby gail spiro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:20 am

I love it!!! Hadn't though of adding the spherize effect to the photo- great idea! So how did you visually pop the bubble, and where did you get the popping noise?
That's exactly the look I want. (for the record, instead of a white matte on track 1, I'll use a water background I think.
Can't wait to hear your trick for getting the look of the bubble popping-thanks!
Gail
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby gail spiro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:30 am

One more thing- just checked out your link to the free bubble brushes, and feel like a kid in a candy shop! What a great link!
Thanks so much!
Gail
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 am

That is really great work Jamal =D>
I think we will be seeing lots of pictures in bubbles for awhile :)
Thanks for getting this started Gail, great stuff !!

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Maxine370 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 am

looks really great Jamal. Impressed.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:25 pm

gail spiro wrote:I love it!!! Hadn't though of adding the spherize effect to the photo- great idea! So how did you visually pop the bubble, and where did you get the popping noise?
That's exactly the look I want. (for the record, instead of a white matte on track 1, I'll use a water background I think.
Can't wait to hear your trick for getting the look of the bubble popping-thanks!
Gail

I basically just timed the sound effect to coinside with the end of the clip. I can post a screenshot later tonight, might be easier to show then explain. I think for the bubble sound I did a search on a website called freesounds. I believe the name of the file was mouth pop?
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby gail spiro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Thank-you!
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi Gail,

Here's a screenshot. Hope it helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby gail spiro » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:21 am

Hi- the screen shot affirms that you described it perfectly-I was able to replicate it myself last night, just playing around. I also found a bubble pop sound effect free on line. It would be great if muvipix had a larger library of sound effects some day!
Anyway- it's fun to think that lots of us are playing with bubbles now! If I can remember/figure out how to upload to Muvipixxxxxxxxx, I'll post my results when finished. (Although it's going to be a few weeks 'till the final slideshow is done).
Thanks so much!
Gail
gail spiro
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am

gail spiro wrote: It would be great if muvipix had a larger library of sound effects some day!

There are already so many sound effect sites out there and lots of free stuff.
Check out the links pages at http://www.chuckengels.com/
There are quite a few links to free sound effects sites and many have been mentioned in the forum.
Maybe we could have a list of them all some day. Anyone that would like to put one together?

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Prior Versions