They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burn Slideshow on Nero?

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Burn Slideshow on Nero?

Postby rkmj » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:33 pm

I am looking to create smoother and dvd slideshows in my premier elements 4 that do not freeze up when others view them on their dvd's. I was told I should get better dvd's, which I did (Verbatim dvd-R) I was using Magnavox, and to burn the dvd's at a slower rate. Premier Elements 4 does not allow me to do this but I do have Nero8.

Is there a way to use my Nero to burn my slideshows? If so, how do I do it? I need step by step on how to do this from getting the slideshow from pe4 to burning with outside source.

Thank you!!
rkmj
New User
New User

Re: Burn Slideshow on Nero?

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Hi and Welcome To Muvipix :meet:

First thing to do is burn the project to a folder, this option is under the Share/DVD.
Instead of selecting Burn to Disc you choose Burn To Folder. Select the destination and remember where you are putting the folder on your computer.
You will need to be able to find the files when you go to burn the DVD in Nero.

Someone that knows the Nero 8 program and how to use it to burn the folder to a DVD will come along and help shortly :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi rmkj and welcome to Muvipix!

In Nero, choose Nero Express
Video & Pictures and choose DVD-Video Files
Add files...find on your hard drive and choose the folder "Video_TS"
Next window, type in disc name, choose # of copies, & verify data checkbox
On the left (at least in my version), open up and choose your write speed. I use 8x or 16x discs with a write speed of 8x.
Burn
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby rkmj » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Chuck...you now have a new fan!!! I love you man.....seriously, I can not thank you enough for leading me to this forum....I am forever grateful to you...this is awesome and the quick and helpful responses here and at the adobe forum is fantastic and much better than calling the adobe tech support!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you and have a beautifully blessed New Years to all that have helped me with your advice.
rkmj
New User
New User

Postby rkmj » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 am

When I saved to my file and went to Nero 8 to add the file, it did not recognize it. I chose MPEG, NTSC DVD Standard, and saved it to a file.

What settings do I need to save them with? I have windows xp if that matters.

Thanks.
rkmj
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:16 am

You dont want to save it as a file, you need to burn it. However instead of burning it to a DVD you burn it to a folder, follow the instructions Chuck gave. Then use this is NERO to burn to a DVD.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby rkmj » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:14 pm

:-D Thank you for clarifying that up. It gave me two options. One at 4.7GB and the other at 8.5GB...I am choosing 8.5GB assuming it would give me better quality. Let me know if I should choose otherwise.

Not sure on the other settings...please instruct for the best settings for the best quality dvd...I currently have it set at:

Presets-NTSC Dolby DVD
Quality: Do I check this box? "Fit contents to available space"
Most Video - Highest Quality- I moved the tab all the way to the right for highest quality.

Thanks a mil and Happy 2009
rkmj
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:08 pm

How long is the movie?
Unless it is over 1.5 hours you only need the 4.7GB option, the other is for burning later to a double layer DVD ;)
If you use more than about 4GB it won't fit on a single layer DVD, so stick with the 4.7GB option unless you know for sure you are going to burn it to a Double layer Disc.

All other options you listed are fine, if you leave the box checked it will always make sure it uses the highest setting possible.
Setting the slider to the highest setting is fine unless your project is over 1 hour in length, then it probably won't fit.
Just leave the box checked and don't worry about the slider for quality, Premiere Elements will handle that just fine on its own.

Sounds like you are getting there :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rkmj » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Just had to send a big thank you for all of your help!! I am sooooo excited that I have found a resource to help me perfect my game! Everything you guys said has worked so far. I will be replacing the bad c.d. with this one and hope that it will work for the lady that purchased it from me.

Thanks again to all of you especially you Chuck for directing me to your wonderful site. :TU:
rkmj
New User
New User

Return to Prior Versions