They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adding DVD templates to PE3

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Adding DVD templates to PE3

Postby Clayton » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Chuck as per an earlier thread you told me how to insert the basketball dvd templates into PE3. That worked great and I have inserted others. One thing that puzzles me is in PE3 dvd templates>sports there is a swimming folder already there. I added the two dvd templates from MUVIPIX to that folder. When I look in PE3, I only see the original packaged template. Cannot multiple templates reside in the same folder or does every set of templates have to have its own folder.

Clayton :dontknow:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ric » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:34 pm

Clayton,

Pretty sure the templates need a separate folder. :)
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:35 pm

There can be more than one per folder but you need to make sure the names are different for one thing. Look at the Skateboard templates
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0\DVD Templates\Sports\Skateboard

There are two templates, one named Skateboard and one named Skatebaord - mixed up the a and o in the names.

Most templates have their own folder, I suggest you create a folder named Custom and add the folders with the templates there. That way you only need to look in the custom folder and you will find all of the template you have added yourself. You can put each template (one sm and one mm) in a folder of its own just to make things easy.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:57 pm

In my settings the four PSD in the skateboard folder are named:
skateboard_pal_s_mm
skateboard_pal_s_sm
skateboard_pal_w_mm
skateboard_pal_w_sm

They are spelled the same way but the extensions are different. I assume by looking at them (since they are the same pictures) that one main and one scene menu each have 4:3 and a 16:9 option.

Also something strange: when I look at the european template you made in PSE it looks normal, but viewing it in PE 3.0 the text appears to be scandinavian. Go figure?

Anyway I must believe that each set of templates must be in its own folder.

Clayton :dontknow:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 pm

The templates with a 'w' are Widescreen Templates the ones with the 's' are Standard Templates. I have two versions of Skateboard, go figure. I probably added it mayself while I was testing sometime.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:44 am

Chuck, I am at work now and can't check this out, but when you click "create a dvd" and the drop down appears, click sports>skateboard do you show thumbnails for main and scene for two different pictures (4 in all)? Tonight I will try the "custom" folder you suggested and put multiple templates in and see what happens. Any idea why the foreign text shows up on PE 3 on the europe template? I would send you screen shots from PSE and PE 3 if I could figure how to upload them.

Clayton :homework:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:35 am

The weird text is because of the font that Steve used, just change the Style and type over it. If a font is used in a document created on another machine, and then you open the document on your machine and you don't have the font, Windows will try to substitute and it doesn't always work very well.

Just put each template in its own folder, much easier that way.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:49 am

But the text shows up in good ole English when I open it in the editor of PSE v. 5, and foriegn in Premeire Elements 3.0. So are you saying if I just type over it in the editor, save it and replace it in the template folder, it will show up as English in Premeire Elements? Thanks in advance.

Clayton
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:52 am

That should work just fine, be sure to select the correct layer and don't change anything except for the text unless you know how. The structure of the templates is very important.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:02 pm

Well, got all the templates in place where they work. Also corrected the Postcard, Vacation, and Drive in fonts. Actually when I opened them in PSE editor it told me they had fonts that were not available, and to click layer>type>change fonts and that was all there was to it. None of the other templates gave me a problem. =D>

Clayton
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:08 pm

Some day I need to round up a list of fonts that I know are on every single PC in the world so this doesn't happen.

Unfortunately, it's a moving target. Seems like every program you add tosses in a few more fonts. I thought my computer was pretty standard but, even if I limit my choices to True Type fonts, there are still people whose systems don't support them.

Oh well. Be patient with me, folks. It's either that or I just use Arial and Times New Roman for everything and let you guys customize your own.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Don't worry Steve, we now have someone with experience in easily changing the fonts. Any questions that come up, I am sure that Clayton will be happy to answer them :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:19 pm

Clayton,

That same thing happened to me with the one of the Christmas Templates that I downloaded. My quess is that all computer running Windows XP Home, Office our what ever have different fonts installed on them. The one I needed was Bright something font. I downloaded the correct font and everything worked out fine.
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ric » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:21 pm

You guys are to fast with your replys. :-D
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:24 pm

Verdana & Times Roman are pretty safe but not real fancy (standard Windows fonts I mean).
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Prior Versions