They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Text Animation in Premiere Elements 4

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Text Animation in Premiere Elements 4

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:56 am

One of the best new features in Premiere Elements 4.0 in the text animation that are used in the titler. It is really nice to have the text animation as part of the titler because when you copy the title, the special efects go with them.

The text animations in the titler are really cool. I want to share my experience and technique with titles.

To start, just click the "T" at the bottom right corner of the monitor display. This will put you in the titler editing window.

You can adjust text styles, font sizes and colors, jetc, ust as in previous versions. Set up your title in the box in the monitor.

Now for an an importanrt step if you have a multiple line title. Do not get multiple lines by pressing enter when you write the title. You neeed a separate text box(s) in the title. If you want to add multiple lines of text, just press the 'T' again at the bottom right corner of the monitor. This will add another title box in the title. You can do this for as many lines of test as you want. Position each line where you want on the monitor.

The reason this is important is because you when you apply text animation to text which is multiple lines in 1 text box, the effect will only show on the first line. You need seperate text boxes if you want the effect to show up on multiple lines.

You will notice that tunder text animation, there are several catories, such as Faded, Move in and Out, Pan and Zoom, Slide, Special Effect, and Teist and Turn. Many of these effects have in and out effects as separate effects.

So, how do you apply the animation? All you need to do is drag the animation to the title box (and boxes if you created multiple lines) .

Let me give an example on how I can use In and Out text animation using the "SwirlInToCenter" and "SwirlOutFromCenter" text animations. These are located under the Twist and Turn category.

Create your title, select font, size, color, etc . Add the multiple lines if you have them by pressing the 'T'. Position all text boxes where you want them.

Drag the SwirlInToCennter effect to each text box.
Now the text with the effect will be on the timeline. Get out of the titler. I usually do this by just moving the CTI.

In the Project Media Window you will see your title. I always rename it to be descriptive. Right click the title and select Duplicate. Rename the duplicate if you wish.

Now drag the duplicate to the timeline right after the first original title. Make sure there is no space between them.

Double click the duplicated title in the timeline to get into the title edit mode. Now drag the SwirlOutFromCenter text animation to each title box in the title.

Move the CTI to the beginning of the first title and hit play. You will see the text characters swirl, remain static for a short time, then each character will swirl out.

Play around with it trying different effects. These new text animations will really enhance your video.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Text Animation in Premiere Elements 4

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Great blog, Johnny!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby coolstuffiniowa » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:38 pm

very cool - I am going to try that with my next slideshow

also -

a question about FONTS

if I have a cd that has some specific fonts I want added to the PE 4

will they automatically come up in PE 4 if they are in Windows Vista?

or do I have to do something special?

Just Curious

thank you

John Wells
coolstuffiniowa
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Cinde » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:33 am

Johnny, could you upload a video with several samples of the text effects? Or is there a place online to view samples?
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:02 am

coolstuffiniowa wrote:a question about FONTS

if I have a cd that has some specific fonts I want added to the PE 4

will they automatically come up in PE 4 if they are in Windows Vista?

John Wells

John,
All of the installed Windows fonts are available for use in PrEl. Just a quick reminder, if you install 1 billion fonts it will slow down Windows startup and some program execution as the font list has to be read. So install what you want/need, but don't go too crazy :drunken: or you will be asking why your computer is so slow.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:35 am

John- yes. I believe all system fonts are available to Premiere Elements. It doesn't matter if if you have Vista or XP.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:34 am

Cinde wrote:Johnny, could you upload a video with several samples of the text effects? Or is there a place online to view samples?

I agree Johnny, any chance you could put together a short demo? [-o<

By the way Cinde, love your new avatar :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Chuck:

Since you'r begging, I'll see what I can come up with. I have not uploaded video to muvipix yet, so it will be a learning experience.

I can upload my latest video, but I think an hour is a little too long :)
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Just a minute or two with the text animations would be nice :)

When you get to the gallery you will need to create an Album to put items into, after creating the album just press the Upload File button, it is very simple from there.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:06 am

By popular deman, an example of Premiere Elements 4.0 text animations is now available.

Just follow the link below.

http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-1567
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Kerrie » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:53 am

Wow, Johnny, thanks so much for posting your examples! Those are some great text effects.....I have had premiere 4 since October and haven't loaded it yet....I keep getting stuck on projects with deadlines and afraid the "switch over" will cause delays....look what I am missing!

Thanks for sharing! Kerrie
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Very nice demonstration. I don't even have V4 .. but it still gives me presentation ideas.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Cinde » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Great examples, JohnnyO! Thanks for making the demo for us.

I'm still trying to make up my mind whether or not to upgrade to v4. Your examples show me more possibilities.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:11 pm

Great examples, thanks! Don't have v4 either, but gives me ideas too.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:55 pm

That IS great, Johnny! Thanks for taking the time to do this.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Prior Versions