They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Misssing top title bar

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Misssing top title bar

Postby hapycmpr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 pm

In PE2 at the top of the screen is a bar that tells you what your project name is and if there is an asterisk at the end this lets you know if you have made any changes that need to be saved. This is missing in PE4. Can I have this in PE4?
hapycmpr
New User
New User

Re: Misssing top title bar

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Under the Window drop-down, select Show Docking Headers. That will show the headers for each panel.

But, strangely, the project name bar has been removed from version 4, I believe.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 pm

You are right, Steve. If you want to know what the project name is, you have to hold your mouse pointer over the camcorder icon on the purple circle in the upper left corner where the system menu is. After a second or so the name will appear like a tool tip.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:07 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:You are right, Steve. If you want to know what the project name is, you have to hold your mouse pointer over the camcorder icon on the purple circle in the upper left corner where the system menu is. After a second or so the name will appear like a tool tip.

How do you do it RJ? How is that you you know every little nook and cranny of PE (and well other appstoo)? Not a retorical question. you must have a method . Please forgive my curiosity. Well done!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:23 pm

First, Jamal, you have to be left-handed. Then you have to learn Photoshop professional with all its secret tricky manuevers. Having been in software development for many years helps me know what to look for and how to use system tools. As far as videography goes, I pretty much suck.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 pm

First, Jamal, you have to be left-handed.

rats... right handed!
Then you have to learn Photoshop professional with all its secret tricky manuevers.

interesting... I guess you're learning what to look for by watching the flagship
Having been in software development for many years helps me know what to look for and how to use system tools.

I was a programmer for a couple years... wasn't for me... :confused2: but I did pick up enough to be dangerous.. heh heh
As far as videography goes, I pretty much suck.

:lol:
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:20 pm

I've been trying to figure out how to see the filename for months. Thanks RJ.
Another tidbit - just hold the mouse over the work area bar and after a few seconds you will see the duration of your video, assuming that the work area bar covers your entire video. I just happened to stumble across this one.
Now I think I will try holding the mouse in other places.
Wow - Try moving the mouse over your video clips in the timeline, it also gives duration info. In fact, holding the mouse over most things gives some sort of info.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby hapycmpr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 pm

I am still going to miss my asterisk. I guess I will have to just keep hitting ctrl+S.
Thank you so much!!!
hapycmpr
New User
New User

Postby hapycmpr » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:33 pm

I was doing some editing and low and behold I noticed that not only is the file name where you said it would be but it had the asterisk with it. I looked when you fist posted the cure for the title bar but i wasn't editing so the asterisk was missing. Now I am a happy camper. Thanks again.
James
hapycmpr
New User
New User

Return to Prior Versions