They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Crash During Rendering

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Re: Crash During Rendering

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:54 am

Don't forget that there is a batch resize function in Photoshop so re-sizing may be a pain but at least it is easy to do and Photoshop will even create the resized images in a new directory so leaving the original images intact. HTH.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve_Dski » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:23 am

John;

That's great to know, but as I wrote in an earlier post, I'm a neophyte in the Adobe world. Although this runs afield from my original post, what resources would you, et. al. recommend for learning some of the ins-and-outs of both Premiere and Photoshop? I'm assuming this book written by a couple guys named Grisetti and Engels is pretty good for Premiere ;) , but what about Photoshop? Actually, Steve's/Chuck's book is in my cart at Amazon, so I'd be interested in learning of a comparable resource for Photoshop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

~Steve

P.S.: John, read the specs for your PC and I started to salivate! Comparing your PC to mine is like saying rollerskates and Ferraris are both wheel-based transportation: Technically a true statement, but boy does it miss an important nuance. Very nice system.
Steve_Dski
New User
New User

Postby Clayton » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:45 am

The "Missing Manuals" by Barbara Brundage (sp) are good, and I always liked the "Classrom in a Book" series.

My $.02 :lol:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:50 am

Hi, Steve!

Chuck also wrote and edited a followup book to "Premiere Elements in a Snap" called "Sams Teach Yourself Photoshop Elements 4 and Premiere Elements 2, All in One", which takes the main parts of "In a Snap" and combines them with Scott and Jennifer Fulton's very thorough Photoshop Elements book (I think it's an "In A Snap" book also).

Meantime, you may want to look at my Steve's Tips article "Creating slideshows with Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements" (a free download if you're a member) on our Products page http://muvipix.com/products.php?maincat ... ubcat_id=7

It covers most of what you'll need to know to make the best use of the slideshow features in Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Maxine370 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:09 am

Hi Beth here with a few pointers for you...

first, the Adobe batch resizing function is really simple to use however, there is a simpler way until you get the hang of it. Windows has a powertool that will resize images in seconds.
find it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

I also suggest exporting your work as an AVI first and then importing the AVI file back in a new project. Once you have a AVI, no futher rendering is needed (unless you make more edits to your AVI). This solves many problems when burning to DVD, shortens burn time and when exporting to WMV and other video forms maintains aspect sizes (you'll notice small problems with some effects with certain types of exports).

PLus your final project is now preserved as a computer file that can be stored (I recommend an external drive... I have one that I only connect to move files and keep away as a archive) and later reburned to new media as they become the norm, first blueray and then what's next.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:50 pm

You can resize photos in Premiere Elements itself by creating a slideshow with the slideshow function where each photo is only one frame in duration and without a default transition. Then do a File > Export > Movie in TIFF format. I uploaded some custom export presets and instructions here:

http://muvipix.com/cpg/displayimage.php?pos=-1480
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Prior Versions