They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Low System Memory and NOW can't open

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Low System Memory and NOW can't open

Postby bgsnmky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:25 pm

I am dying here....I have nothing running accept Prel3 and my system shows low memory and it takes 3 minutes to move the curor.

I saw this on another post and wanted to try it, but want to make sure nothing will happen if I go in an delete the below files. I figure they must be needed for something.

I don't know if this will help you but I was having a horrible time with a project I just completed. I couldn't render the files because it kept crashing, sending error messages, etc. I was told to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files, Encoded Files, and Media Cache Files. My problem was low system memory but after I did all that, ran a defrag and restarted the compute, I was finally able to render the project and burn it to a folder. This is Prior Versions under render files. I hope it helps.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Low System Memory and shutting down

Postby bgsnmky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:33 pm

I am now getting the message that a serious error has occured and prel 3.0 shuts down. It appears to be happening when I am opening the file and in the bottom right hand corner it is generating the peak file for xxx avi file. When the progress bar is about 3/4 the way done.

Any ideas?
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Low System Memory and NOW can't open

Postby Paul LS » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:22 am

You can delete those files they will be re-generated when you render the project. By the way do you have the 3.02 patch installed... slow program repsonse was either due to not applying the patch or having a project with multiple clips/photos on video track 1.
Also what are your source files... are these DV-AVI type 2?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:29 am

Sounds like they are DV-AVI type 1... typically they will start to generate Peak File but never complete and the program will freeze. What source are the files?
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:04 am

forgot to say that I did download the 3.02 patch, yesterday sometime before getting this problem.

Also, it doesn't look like my answer to your questions saved...

the files are from a sony camcorder. (is that what you meant by what source). I didn't know if that was enough info.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:32 am

Yes, but what TYPE of Sony camcorder!?

Are these DV-AVIs captured over FireWire from a miniDV camcorder? And how long are the clips you've captured?

Also please give us more information on your computer: Which operating system are you using, how fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and much free, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Note, by the way, that you can add your computer and camcorder specs to your signature line (as many of us have done) and it will appear automatically with every post, so we don't have to keep asking.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:16 pm

Merry Christmas!

The Sony is a DCR-TRV33 mini DV recorder. Captured with the FireWire.

Computer info is on my signature line. But not sure if it is all that you need. I will have to get back with you on the free space. (someone is on my computer), but didn't want you to think I wasn't on.

Also, when I redid everything (the project it worked). Not totally done, but a lot of it. Anyway, I redid the slideshows, but exporting to a movie file. That exported movie file had the captured movie clips from still images and it all worked.
(see other posts about black spots in slideshow when exported to prel3.0.

Not sure if that mattered, but wanted to pass it on.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Prior Versions