They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Which DVD's to buy to Burn

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Which DVD's to buy to Burn

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:03 am

I have PE 3 and have just started. Trying to get one DVD to burn for next weekend.

I have captured, and added a title and have gotten one menu page. YIPPPEEE. I want to try to burn it to a DVD to make sure it all works.

I haven't even gotten this far yet, but does PE 3 actually burn the DVD's. I started reading on another forum where people were talking about all kinds of other software that burns the DVD.

Next:

I am probably going to buy some DVD?s this weekend and was hoping you had a recommendation or are they all the same. Since I am just starting and don?t know all the details yet I was curious if there is a general one that I should buy that would fit all needs. Anyway, any help you can give me will be appreciated.

(I have read some info on the DVD-R is the one that most DVD players will play - so figured I would go with right now, but wanted some feedback).

I do have a Light Scribe on my DVD burner, but I haven?t tried it yet. Curious on what most people use on the DVD's to document what the are? Light Scribe, Lable maker, printer etc.

If you buy a printer that prints on the DVD's does the printer come with software or do you have to buy one.

It just really bugs me when I buy something thinking it will do it all (even when I ask the peopel at the stores) and I find I need MORE stuff to make it work.

THANKS!!!
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:34 am

Glad you posted these questions;

1) Premiere Elements will burn DVDs and does it very well on most systems. Some people have had a lot of trouble due to some conflict, incompatible burner, or some other issue. For most people Premiere Elements burns DVDs just fine.

2) I use Verbatim DVD -R discs primarily.

3) I have a Epson R220 that works great for printing directly on inkjet printable DVDs. You can get a R260 from Ritz Camera right now for $25 after rebates and instant savings for using Google Checkout.

4) I have learned that when it comes to computers, there isn't ever a single solution where everything comes in one box. Since starting down the video editing road I have purchased; a TV Tuner/Capture Card, then Pyro Link for analog capture which really worked, a brand new computer, a second DVD burner, a second monitor, additional software plus some free software, two printers and the list goes on and on.

I know there are other opinions out there and I am sure others will pitch in their two cents also :)
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:21 pm

Thanks Chuck...looking forward to others comments.

Wanted to let evryone know I went to purchase the printer and noticed the $50.00 rebate is if you buy the printer and CAMERA.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Ron » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:39 pm

DVD media input - I'm having some good luck with Memorex DVD+R's.

There's a very extensive list at Video Help. Verbatim / Memorex are a couple of the recommended brands.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jayell » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:56 pm

Also make sure you know what your burner will burn. I bought a player just to play my own DVDs .. but found out my computer only burned DVD+ .. my player only played DVD-. This is probably more relevant if you have an older computer .. I think most burn both now.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bobby » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:42 am

For anyone who has looked at the blank DVD offerings, Taiyo Yuden is the only answer. Search around, or check some of my posts on the PrEl forum.

The problem is that you can't buy them locally. TY sells to other manufacturers, but you can't be sure who or when. But the web stores that sell media like supermediastore.com do carry them.

I agree on the Epson R220 - mine does a great job on the blank face white TY DVDs. LightScribe is a zero in my opinion - very slow and all you get is silvery monochrome - and you have to buy special DVD blanks which are expensive.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 pm

bseidel - what do you mean by the "blank DVD offerings"?"
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bobby » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:52 pm

I meant the empty writable DVD products of various vendors...
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Prior Versions