They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Creating a dvd from many short movies

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Creating a dvd from many short movies

Postby digitalchick » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:51 pm

Hi all! I'm fairly new to Premiere Elements 3, so forgive me if this is a basic question. I want to create a DVD using about 7 short movies. Someone recommended that I import these movies into a master project... but I don't see how to do this. So... how do I put together all these movies? I see in the PE3 instructions that the type of DVD I want to create is called a "Menu-based DVD with several movie selections." So obviously it can be done. I just can't figure out how to get them all together. Do I have to create a new movie by importing all the images and videos that make up the 7 indivdual movies? That seems like a cumbersome way to do it. I'd have to redo all my transitions, etc. There must be an easier way. What am I missing? I don't see anything in the directions about this. Thank you so much!

Julie
digitalchick
New User
New User

Re: Creating a dvd from many short movies

Postby Bob D » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:37 pm

The best way to approach this is to create 7 projects, each being its own "movie". After you have the project the way you want it, then save the project as movie (file>export>movie). this will create an AVI file with all the transitions, audio, etc. Be sure to click in the timeline before going for this option.

Then once you have all 7 avi files, start a new "master" project and bring in the 7 avi files. Put them on the timeline in the order you want. From there you can set scene markers at the start of each movie and stop markers at the end of each. Once you go to create the DVD with your menu, it will have 7 scenes in it, each being its own "movie".

Hope this helps get you started.

Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby digitalchick » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Thanks, Bob! That makes sense. I knew there was a way to do it... I just couldn't quite figure it out.

I appreciate your help!

Julie
digitalchick
New User
New User

Postby demalibu » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Egads! I was about to ask the very same question, 7 movies also..freaky, man. Thanks again for the simple solution.
Have a great Christmas and New year everyone,from Down Under. I wish we were having snow snow rather than 40 Celsuis (105 F over your way). PE3 is melting down.
Chris
demalibu
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Prior Versions