They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Templates - Scene Menu as Main Menu

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

Postby GPauba » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:57 pm

I changed the marker from a Scene to a Main Menu Marker and checked the "Motion Menu Button" box. But my main menu just shows the marker name and not any video. How do I get the thumbnail video to show on the main menu for each of 6 markers? I looked through existing templates but don't see any that have the thumbnail video on the Main Menu. The closest is the "(V) Drive In" that has some video in a window on the Main Menu.

G
GPauba

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:17 pm

You need a Main Menu with Scene Menu placeholders on it.

If you don't want to dig deep into Photoshop Elements to create one or an edit an existing template (my Steve's Tips article will show you how), you can simply save an "sm" DVD template to an "mm" and it will function like a Main Menu.

Does that make sense?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby GPauba » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:39 am

Steve -

Thanx for the info about the Scene Menu placeholder. Initially I was opening the DVD Templates to follow along with your Tutorial on modifying them. Just got carried away playing with the template to modify them. I'm back to your tutorial now to see how to do this.

Great book - "Premiere Elements 2", are you and Chuck going to come out with another book on advanced "Cool Things" with more effects that can be done? Or will all of these be part of this cool website?

G
GPauba

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:14 am

Considering all the options (we found one publisher that offered to do an e-book), we thought that this web site would be a better solution all around.

We'll continue to add content regularly.

I'm working on a Steve's Tips article now, for instance, that shows how to use Premiere Elements limited DVD authoring capabilities to create menus that look like they couldn't possibly have been done in Premiere Elements.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Prior Versions