They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

black frame option

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

black frame option

Postby AVITRY » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:50 am

Hi all. I have a quick question if I may. In version 2 of PE I recall a little icon at the bottom of the window where all my videos and stills are listed. It was a small menu that offered a "black frame" that I could stretch out on the timeline. I like to use this now and again to place on video 2 in situations where a VHS that I converted was playing music but changing scenes and the film "blipped" for lack of a better word. The black frame made it less annoying to the eye.

Anyway, in version 3 which I'm now using, I don't see that little icon option. What I've been doing is opening a new title window and just saving it as pure black, then adding it to the timeline.

Does this black frame option still exist in vers.3 ?

thanks,
joe
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: black frame option

Postby sidd finch » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Not sure if it still exists but you can always pull a black screen grab and save it as a picture then you can always import the picture and stretch to the length you need.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:27 pm

You can also create a black frame or black video sequence by selecting the option under the New Item menu on the Project Media panel.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Version 3 is a in my rusty memory. You may want to look for somethng in the Help File called "New Item". There you could get black frame, color bars, etc. In Version 7 it was tucked in a little square just above the project panel.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby AVITRY » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:You can also create a black frame or black video sequence by selecting the option under the New Item menu on the Project Media panel.

LOL, hey Steve, this is exactly what I was referring to. In vers 2 that icon is at the bottom of the project media panel. in vers. 3 NOW >... I see ... its at the top right.

Just like my wife, Adobe moved something, just a tad, and now I've spent an hour looking for it and it was there all the time.

I think, subconsciously, my pea brain says to myself, well if it's not where it always was, they must have done away with it, cause why in the world would they move it a few inches .... :dontknow:
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Prior Versions