They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

project and organiser thumbnails

Discussions concerning Premiere Elements version 1 - 4.

project and organiser thumbnails

Postby demalibu » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:34 am

Can someone help please.
i have captured all the footage, started editing and all of a sudden the order of the project thumbnails no longer matches the organiser. How can I match the project order with the organiser order. Can I do that and do I need to do it this way.
demalibu
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: project and organiser thumbnails

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:32 am

In Premiere Elements' Organizer, you only have a few options for ordering your media files. You can order them by date (forward or backward). Or, by clicking on the Album icon, you can isolate your clips so that only see clips for a particular project or album.

In Media/Project, you can set the order of the clips with a wide variety of options, depending on which column header you click on. Plus, with Edit Columns under the flyout menu (the >> menu in the upper right corner of the panel), you can add columns for sorting your files.

But because the Organizer has a limited number of ways to order your files, I think you'd have to set your Media/Project panel to order by date in order to match the same sorting order as the Organizer rather than forcing the Organizer to match the Media/Project panel.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Prior Versions