They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Our Guide to Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements 15

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Our Guide to Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements 15

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:30 am

We're thrilled to announce Adobe's release of version 15 of their ever-popular Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements -- and consequently our ever-popular Muvipix.com Guides in support of each.

New features in Premiere Elements 15 include:
* A Video Collage tool for creating easy split screen and multiscreen effects.
* A cool, new Music Remix tool for creating custom-length music tracks from any source!
* A haze removal effect to clearing up and sharpening video shot on foggy or hazy days.
* Enhanced face recognition in the Pan & Zoom, Smart Trim and Favorite Moments tools.

New features in Photoshop Elements 15 include:
* An amazingly effective Facial Adjustment tool for adding and enhancing smiles and other facial features in your photos.
* Additions to the Guided Edits library, including guides for creating Photo Text, Painterly Effects and for building your own photo frames.
* Layer Groups, previously only available in Photoshop Pro, are now a feature on the Photoshop Elements Layers panel.

Additionally, the Elements Organize has a new, more powerful search tool for building media file searches based on complicated strings of criteria.

Details, screen shots and even free tutorials demonstrating these new tools are available on our book promo page at http://muvipix.com/pe15.php.

And, as always, to celebrate the release of these programs and our books, we'll be giving away a copy each of both "The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 15" and "The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 15." To qualify, just tag onto this thread.

We'll randomly draw a winner for each book at noon EST on Wednesday, October 12.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Our Guide to Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements 15

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 am

Wow, version 15 ! Where does the time go? Congrats on another great book Steve !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:23 am

How Cool, I can still remember when version 1 came out. WOW...

Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0 – Released in September 2004. It was focused on consumer miniDV camcorder owners who wanted to create DVDs. It was codenamed Dick Tracy after Adobe Premiere's theme of detective code names.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby AVITRY » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:26 am

Wow .... If anybody could use one .... it's me. LOL. I just bought 14 less than 2 weeks ago. :conf:
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:54 pm

AVITRY wrote: I just bought 14 less than 2 weeks ago. :conf:

Here is the transcript of a chat with Adobe Sales:
Chat Transcript
info: Please hold as we route your chat to an Adobe Representative.
info: Hello! Welcome to Adobe.com! My name is 'Vanessa'.
Vanessa: Hi, may I have your first name please?
Visitor: In the past Adobe would give a free upgrade to the new version if you purchased the old version less than 30 days before the new version was announced. Is Adobe still doing this?
Visitor: Bob
Vanessa: Hello Bob,
Vanessa: I appreciate your choice of Adobe software.
Vanessa: I will help you with the information.
Vanessa: Yes, we still offer free upgrade if you purchased the old version less than 30 days before the new version is announced
Visitor: Thank you.
Peru

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Vanessa: Yes, we still offer free upgrade if you purchased the old version less than 30 days before the new version is announced.

:tup:
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AVITRY » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:53 pm

They told me support for APE was only available via "chat" so ... I did all that, and had to scan and download my receipt from Best Buy. They told me that within a week or so they would send me the key. We will see.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:32 pm

15??? Where has the time gone? I checked out the link and viewed the table of contents. You sure have covered a lot of the program. I still have the Version 3 book that Steve & Chuck wrote. Congrats on another book! I do not want a book since I have PS & PrPro, but just wanted to say I highly recommend Steve's books.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Has the stabilizer in 15 been redesigned since the last version or two? The results remind me of the results I got with the stabilizer in After Effects. And I discovered that I can keep editing while a clip is being stabilized.

Being able to match a length of video with a music score is a nice addition. Seems like there was a version that had that feature, but was removed. Whatever, it works.

I see I also missed "adjustment layers." When the heck did they add that? I may have to give more careful attention to this trial version. My Intel GPU is also supported.

At first I didn't think you could create transparent clips anymore, but found that customizing Quicktime presets (uncompressed 32-bit) works very well.

Lots of surprises for me this time. :TU:
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby AVITRY » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:52 am

Here's an interesting FYI for all, and a thank you to Peru for his post of the conversation with Adobe Customer Support.

After waiting 2 days, I thought I'd recontact Adobe ( by chat of course since that is the only way you can discuss APE) Anyway, I explained I was waiting for what I was told would be the download link and serial keys for version 15 since I had just purchased version 14 two weeks prior to version 15's release.

The agent told me that I had already purchased 14 and there is no time period to obtain a free upgrade.

I quickly cut and pasted the transcript Peru posted here and then explained to the Adobe Agent, " Well, that's obviously not a universal understanding of Adobe's policy."

After reading it, he reaffirmed that there is no time frame that allows for an upgrade. BUT ... based on this confusion, and my understanding of the status of my case, and the transcript of a prior customer ... he was going to send me the upgrade in the mail.

I think I caught him fibbing ... :---) Anyway, thanks for that info. It definitely came in very handy with this whole upgrade thing. :TU:

Evidently Adobe has deep pockets and short arms. They didn't want to do much for a peon like me. :-({|=
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:28 am

That's really strange Joe, they have had that policy for years now. Anyway, glad you are getting your well deserved free upgrade :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AVITRY » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:14 am

I find em Chuck ....
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:58 pm

AVITRY wrote:
I quickly cut and pasted the transcript Peru posted here and then explained to the Adobe Agent, " Well, that's obviously not a universal understanding of Adobe's policy."

I beg to differ:
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/pol ... ement.html
Peru

Postby Bubby Grub » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi All,
Count me in would love a copy of Steve's book on PE 15
Thanks for the opportunity.Bubby ::C
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby AllieB » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:27 am

Please count me in, would appreciate the new book.

AllieB
AllieB
Greetings from Portugal
AllieB

Location: Patroves, in the south of Portugal but born in the Netherlands

Next

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions