They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Bookmarking

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

Bookmarking

Postby decolb » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:03 pm

It would be very useful, to me anyway, if I could bookmark individual posts rather than whole topics in the user control panel in muvipix.

Dave
Dell XPS 8500, i7-3770, 8GB DDR3 1600MHz, Samsung 8300 SSD 256GB, 2TB 7200 SATA HDD, AMD Radeon HD 7570, Win7 HP
decolb

Re: Bookmarking

Postby Ron » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Dave,

You can "bookmark" a post by right-clicking the title of the post (as opposed to the title of the entire topic). When clicked, it will bring that specific post to the top of your browse..., not by itself, but it will mark that particular post.

Is this what you wanted?
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby momoffduty » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I did not know you could do this Ron, thanks. What I've done in the past is copy & paste the info onto a word doc (at times more than one post) and save for future reference. I have a ton of posts from Bob :cool:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby decolb » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Ron: When I right click on your post title "Re: Bookmarking", I get a drop down menu with: open, open in new tab, open in new window, etc. If I click on "open", it does bring your post to the top of the screen, but I see no way to make a bookmark in my user control panel, other than going to the bottom of the page and clicking on the icon which then bookmarks the whole topic. I guess I could go to the "favorites" item on the dropdown menu, but really don't want to clutter up that program any more than it already is. Guess I'll have to settle for bookmarking the whole topic and scrolling to find the post I want. Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks, Dave
decolb

Postby Bob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:20 am

Dave,

The forum Bookmark feature does appear to just be for bookmarking whole topics, not individual posts within the topic. Adding to the Favorites is probably the easiest solution.

Were you aware that you can create folders and/or subfolders within Favorites and place your saved shortcut there? That would certainly reduce the clutter and make it much easier to locate the posts you marked. That's what I do. I don't save any new favorites directly in the Favorites root folder. I have organized my favorites in folders and subfolders and add new ones in the appropriate folder. It makes it really easy to find them later. Note: The default name of the saved shortcut is taken from the post title. You can change it to a more meaninful name if you wish. If you add more than one post to Favorites from the same topic, you will need to change the name to avoid a duplicate.
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am

If I right click on the post Title, not the little paper icon, I get the "Bookmark this Link" option in firefox.
In Internet Explorer I get the "Add to Favorites" option.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions