They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Media offline

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Media offline

Postby GeorgeValparaiso » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:10 pm

When I return to my project, many of the clips do not show in the monitor. Instead there is a screen that says media offline. I still see the video clips in the timeline, but not in the monitor when I move the CTI over the clip. I tried everything to be able to see the clip in the monitor, and the only thing that works is right clicking on the clip, and clicking scale to frame size. But when I save project and return later, I am back to square one again. I also noticed that the red line is gone over the clips that do not appear in the monitor. I tried rendering, but the line changes to green only on the clips that can appear in the monitor. Over the clips that are offline, there is no red or green line. How can I get the clips to stay so they can be viewed in the monitor? Note - all the clips in this project are coming from the same source - DVD.
Thanks in advance....
George
GeorgeValparaiso
New User
New User

Re: Media offline

Postby Peru » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Try copying the files from the dvd to your hard drive and then import them from there.
Peru

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:39 pm

If clips are moved from one folder to another, or from one hard drive to another you will get that error.
If the files are on a DVD and the DVD is no longer in the drive Premiere Elements can't find them.
As Peru says, copy the files to a folder on your hard drive and then import them again. That would probably be the easiest solution. When you open your project it should ask you to locate the missing files by browsing your computer's drives. You can link them back up again by doing that once you know where the files are located.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:59 am

By way of very brief explanation: When you start a PrEl project the source files are not copied into the project. Instead PrEl creates a pointer to the file's location. So if the file is no longer on line the pointer just leads to an empty location.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to PRE Version 7