They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE created Slideshows

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

PE created Slideshows

Postby nascar » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 pm

I have 4 large Vob files that I have converted into avi files and imported into PE 7. I have edited much of the clips away leaving what I want in track 1in the timeline. I would now like to create a slide show with these edited video clips and still images.

The organizer recognizes the original larger (unedited) avi clips.

How do I combine the edited clips in the timeline and still photos into a slideshow? :-k

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
nascar
New User
New User

Re: PE created Slideshows

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 pm

If you've converted what you want to keep to a DV-AVI, you should be able to just open a new project, using the standard DV settings, and then add your AVIs and still photos to it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nascar » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Steve,

I had converted the VOB clips to dv-avi before I edited them. I would up cutting the larger clips into mutiple smaller cliops and deleting much of the initial clip. i accomplished this by dragging the larger avi clip into the timeline and trimming/editing.

So now I have a project with th emultiple clips (as i want them final) in the timeline but not in the organizer (where i was attempting to select stills and clips and create a slideshow)

If I expoerted the multiple video clips to an avi, won't that combine the clips into one clip?
nascar
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Set the work area bar to cover the section you want to export. Then, if you are using file>export>movie, under settings set the range to Work Area Bar. If using Share, check the box next to "Share Work Area Bar Only". Repeat for each segment you want to export as a separate clip.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 am

When you say the clips were not in the Organizer, do you mean the Elements Organizer program or do you mean that the clip are not on the Organize panel of Premiere Elements?

As I say in my books, the Organize panel is the single most confusing panel in the whole program. For the most part, I recommend ignoring it.

The clips that are in your project after you use Get Media to gather them will appear in the Project panel (under the Edit tab in version 7). If you've gathered your clips and stills into your project, you should find them there, nas.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nascar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:49 am

Bob- I wil try that tonight.

steve, Thanks. The edited clips do not show in the project media. The original clips do but these are not what I want to use. The edited clips are portions of the original clips if that makes sense.
nascar
New User
New User

Postby Gerlinde » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:48 pm

In older versions of PRE you could create subclips from your main clip by dragging the trimmed clip from the monitor to the project/media bin. Here is a tutorial demonstrating the procedure: http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=55 >>Trimming clips<<. This tutorial was for version 3 I believe.

I tried it in version 7 and it did not work that way anymore for me. I don't know if this has been removed from that particular version or if that is just something funny on my computer. In version 9 it is working again, but it does not offer to rename the subclip. It just saves it with the same name as the main clip. But then you can rename it in the media bin.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby nascar » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Bob - The suggestion from Bob to export the clips worked. Thanks. :tup:

gpecht - I could not drag the subclips to the media bin (PE 7) either so i am thinking that is a version 7 issue not the computer. If this does work in version 9, that would be worth the upgrade alone.

But for now, I will stick with v7 and exporting each subclip.

Thanks for everyone's help.
nascar
New User
New User

Postby rfjg » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:13 pm

gpecht wrote:In older versions of PRE you could create subclips from your main clip by dragging the trimmed clip from the monitor to the project/media bin. Here is a tutorial demonstrating the procedure: http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=55 >>Trimming clips<<. This tutorial was for version 3 I believe.

I tried it in version 7 and it did not work that way anymore for me. I don't know if this has been removed from that particular version or if that is just something funny on my computer. In version 9 it is working again, but it does not offer to rename the subclip. It just saves it with the same name as the main clip. But then you can rename it in the media bin.

It works if the clip is openned by double clicking on it in the media bin, make the trim, drag back to the media bin and rename. EDIT - this may not be working!

It does NOT work when you double click to open the clip from the TIMELINE.
rfjg
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7