They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

need converter from AVCHD to AVI

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

need converter from AVCHD to AVI

Postby Simon Silverstein » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Recently had a long-term, nasty session with a 40 minute long AVCHD project using PE7. The number of crashes and "out of memory" warnings was beyond belief, only resolved when I split the project up into many parts and exported each as a DV- AVI project, then reassembled.. This was a frustrating, time-consuming experience I'd rather not repeat.
To avoid this bottleneck, I would like to move AVCHD files directly from my Canon camcorder into my pc and then convert these files to AVI in such a way they would be accessible later to PE7 for project creation. In your estimation, what would be the most current and best bug-free video file converter program for accomplishing this?
Thanks again for any assistance you might offer.
Simon Silverstein

Re: need converter from AVCHD to AVI

Postby Paul LS » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:53 pm

You could take a look at this. I haven't personally used it but I hear it is fast. Download the trial version and give it a go, it will let you do 50 conversions.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/media ... en_US.html
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: need converter from AVCHD to AVI

Postby Simon Silverstein » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks for the response re the AVCHD conversion program. I did go to the site, and it looks good. However, I think I'd welcome additional responses from those who have actually used one of these conversion programs successfully on windows Vista with PE 7. So, if there are any generous videographers out there in this software user category, please post your experiences.
Simon Silverstein

Return to PRE Version 7