They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adding movies into a final project

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Adding movies into a final project

Postby Jayell » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:18 pm

In PRE7 .. I want to create a New Project A (NTSC HDV1030i-30) from several other hi-def movies I've made B, C, D (same specs). Do I understand correctly that I should save/share B, C, & D out as MPEG2 either 1440x1080-30 .. or 1920x1440-30? And if I'm correct so far, how do I know which one of those to choose.

The TV this is going on is probably NOT a high def, but I'm assuming that if I already have high def movies completed that I should continue in that vain until creating the final DVD. I'm sooooo confused :pull:
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Adding movies into a final project

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:19 pm

If you Share/Personal Computer/MPEG with the 1440x1080 preset, the file will load right into an HDV project. Shouldn't even need to render it!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks, Steve,
If I discover the TV I'm creating it for is definately NOT a hi-def, would it make more sense to just create a normal NTSC project .. OR does processing it in hi-def (even though I'll just be burning to a normal DVD) make the final project higher quality? This stuff really confuses me when you're starting with hi-def, but ending up on a normal DVD.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:43 pm

I am with you Jayell on HD vs SD projects. Two projects were edited in HD and exported to DVD. The third project downconverted in the camcorder to try editing in SD. And the fact that the third project was 3 hours of video edited down to one, I figured it would save on processing time and easier to handle. I did not notice any difference in the quality of the third project DVD vs the first two projects DVDs.

It all depends on what you are going to do with the project. Burn the project to DVD and then delete? Or save the HD project for a future project?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Jayell » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:49 pm

momoffduty wrote:It all depends on what you are going to do with the project. Burn the project to DVD and then delete? Or save the HD project for a future project?

This is a one-time deal. And the quality isn't THAT important .. I'm just trying to understand what functions help the quality and which maybe don't .. when the final DVD is NOT going to be hi-def. Because many of my projects I'm continually adding on to .. and using pieces I've created in the past.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jayell » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Boy, this sure adds to the complication of 'saving' movies when they're completed, and you're ready to get rid of the PRE7 project .. particularly for those of us who re-use parts and pieces. Will I be adding it to a SD project? .. HD? .. FLV for my website? Guess all that new hard drive space I recently purchased with the new machine is going to go more quickly than I'd planned. ;)
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bill Hunt » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 pm

You might want to look into the Lagarith Lossless CODEC http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html for the intermediate files. The output is large, but very sweet.

The UT CODEC http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-143624.html gets high marks from PrPro users, but I have not used it.

While I cannot vouch for it working in PrE 7 & PrE 8, it does nicely in PrE 4 and PrPro CS2, plus AE 7.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Jayell » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm afraid my brain glazed over pretty quickly looking at those. I don't quite understand all the technical jargon, but thanks for offering an option.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 7