They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Slow rendering with new effect?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Slow rendering with new effect?

Postby kdrainstorm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:25 am

Hello! I ope someone could help me on this...
I downloaded the Hand Drawn effect from Photoshop.com and when I use it and then render the video previews - it is REALLY slow to render. For example, it took about an hour to render 22 seconds! I've never experienced this with other effects (ones that come with Adobe Premiere or other effects that I've downloaded from Photoshop.com). Is this normal with this particular effect? Any info on why it does this, possible ways to fix this, etc. would be appreciated - Thanks!

KD
kdrainstorm
New User
New User

Re: Slow rendering with new effect?

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 am

I have not used this particular effect KD but some effects do take a very long time to render.
If you ever get the opportunity to learn and use After Effects you will see what long rendering is really like. My most recent project was a 3 minute video with effects that took almost 12 hours to render.

When you add effects the program has to process them for each video frame, that's 25 or 30 frames per second, so a 22 second video is between 550 and 660 frames. The more advanced the effect the longer it will take. An hour to render 22 seconds is not unreasonable depending on the effect.

Now after saying all that maybe someone else has used the effect and knows if it is very intensive like you are experiencing. If it is not an effect that normally takes that long to render then there could be a problem, but I tend to think that it is probably normal.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:03 am

Also, what type of video are you applying the effect to? What type of camcorder did it come from?

Naturally, AVCHD video is going to take significantly longer than video from a miniDV camcorder. And photos, if they're not sized to no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, can really slow down the program's performance.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kdrainstorm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 am

I'm using this effect on photos and avi video files (trying to create a comic-book kind of look) so it looks like I will need to learn to be patient! ::C LOL!
Thanks, Chuck and Steve for the quick replies - you guys are great!

KD
kdrainstorm
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 7