They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Think I'm Going to Join

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Think I'm Going to Join

Postby kathyconnolly » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Now that I have my new computer I believe I will join. I have Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7. I'm definitely not any kind of expert. I like step by step tutorials with pictures. What guide would be the best one for me? Also, what would be a good video camera for me to buy? Not an expensive one, but one that is easy to use and is clear in well lit situations?

I hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been here for a month or two. I made a dvd for our parents of our Christmas program. It was far from perfect, but I didn't have the tech issues I have always had with my previous computers. I also didn't use Flip Camera footage.
kathyconnolly

Re: Think I'm Going to Join

Postby kathyconnolly » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 pm

and Happy Holidays!
kathyconnolly

Postby Peru » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:00 pm

kathyconnolly wrote:Now that I have my new computer I believe I will join. I have Photoshop Elements 7 and Premiere Elements 7. I'm definitely not any kind of expert. I like step by step tutorials with pictures. What guide would be the best one for me?

Steve's books and the tutorials on this site is all I've used and they have almost always answered my questions. And when I couldn't find the answer by my own research, this forum has always helped me work through things.
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Glad to have you aboard, Kathy!

If you'd like to see some basic tutorials for the program, be sure to check out the Basic Training series.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 10&btn.y=2
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Kathy wrote:What guide would be the best one for me? Also, what would be a good video camera for me to buy? Not an expensive one, but one that is easy to use and is clear in well lit situations?

Hi Kathy,
With the Premiere Subscription you can get one of Steve's books for free.
The Muvipix Guide to Photoshop and Premiere Elements 7 would be a great help to you :)
Your choice of B&W or Color (the color version is $10 extra though).

I had a Canon ZR950 that was a great camera. MiniDV, good quality, easy to use, I would highly recommend that one, price is around $200.

Now I have a HV40 and love it, if you can afford the price it is well worth it. High Definition, but you can still work in standard definition, extremely good quality and a few nice features. Some manual settings that make it a very versatile camera, but plenty of auto settings if you don't want to fool around with that stuff. That is one really great camera.

If you can tell I like the DV tape camcorders :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Sorry, Chuck. But the Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements 7 is black & white only.

Only the Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements 8 comes in both color and black & white flavors.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Well then that makes the decision even easier, and it is completely free :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7