They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Troubleshooting DirectDraw Fixes Problems

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Troubleshooting DirectDraw Fixes Problems

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm

There seems to be a problem with DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration on my machine. The symtoms are "very low resources" messages when using .SWF files or Titles, memory allocation errors when using the Celebration DVD menu (uses .SWF background), errors when trying to close Premiere Elements or closing a project, and crashes without error messages.

I decided to install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c, the November 2008 edition, but that didn't fix all the problems. Then I decided to use the Troubleshooting slider to disable all DirectDraw and Direct 3D accelerations: Control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced Button > Troubleshoot tab.

Well, that fixed about all the problems. I still get "very low resources" messages when adding titles, but I can now add about 50 titles instead of just 27 before getting that message. For that I just save my work and close the project and then open it up again.

The caveat is I need to turn DirectDraw back on if I want to use Windows Media Player or Corel WinDVD. It also means that instead of using Standard display mode in Premiere Elements I have to use the "Compatible" display mode.

I have an Intel 82865G Graphics controller integrated into the Motherboard of a Dell Dimension 3000 P4 HT 3 GHz with 2 GB RAM.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 7