They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Premiere Elements encounters error during burning process

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Premiere Elements encounters error during burning process

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:55 pm

I have encountered a problem, and I think there is a pattern to it.
When I burned my 1st DVD with PRE7, During the media encoding procedd, I got an Error stating that Premiere Elements has encountered and error and needs to close.

I thought there might be an issue with something in my video, so I restarted PRE7, and loaded my project. I then rendered the timeline to see if that would fail, and show me where the error was. When I did this the rendering completed without error. I then tried to burn again and it completed without an issue. I didn't give it a second thought.

My second PRE7 DVD had no issues with the burning process, but I did render the timeline before starting the burning process.

Today, I had about 25 minutes of un-edited DV-AVI on my timeline, and I wanted to burn a quick DVD for a friend. I made a menu with chapters, but I did not render the timeline, to save time. The DVD burning process encountered an error and the program closed. I rebooted my PC and, re-started PRE7 and loaded my project. Then I tried to burn again and it failed the same way in the exact same spot (93% into the process while encoding the media).

I was perplexed because it should not have any issued with plain old DV-AVI which was captured with PRE7 from my miniDV ](*,) .

I then rendered the timeline to see if that would give an error, and it did not. So I started the burning process one more time, and it completed successfully.

So to conclude, it seems that the burning process consistently fails when I do not render the timeline first. I wil be watching this behavior on my future DVDs.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Premiere Elements encounters error during burning process

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:38 pm

Johnny, I ran into a similar problem recently, and at 93% too.
I thought it must be an oversize still image so I tried exporting an AVI and that worked.
I did not render the timeline at all during the process, added the AVI to a new project and burned the DVD without any problems.
This is very interesting, but it sounds like there is a definite solution at least :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 pm

It may be months before you finally figure out what is causing it. For me, I haven't run into the problem, and I know some of what I burned included two DVD's where I never rendered the timeline. They were over an hour long MPEG-2 movies.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:33 am

If anything, if someone runs into this problem we can at leat suggest to render the timeline to see if that helps.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:43 am

By the way, here is a piece of data which may mean something, or may not mean anything at all.
During the last successful burning run, I was at my computer when the encoding process reached 93%. I was getting a little worried because it was at 93% for a real long time. It eventually went to creating the disk successfully without the encoding getting beyond 93%. Now it obviously did get to 100%, but the status bar never indicated it.
I will need to look at that further.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:46 am

Johnny, I ran into a similar problem recently, and at 93% too.
I thought it must be an oversize still image so I tried exporting an AVI and that worked.
I did not render the timeline at all during the process, added the AVI to a new project and burned the DVD without any problems.

My project consisted of about 10 DV-AVIs. I justt another solution would have been to export to DV-AVI and create the DVD with the single-DV-AVI. Both these methods would take arouhnd the same time.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ronnie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 pm

I have not burned very many DVDs since upgrading to Ver. 7, but I have had some problems burning drirectly to a disc. I did not take the time to collect the details. My work around was to write to a folder then use different software to burn the disc. My last project gave me an error when trying to burn to a disc. I know I did not render before burning. It was a mixture of DV-AVI and VOB files. The project is still loaded, so I will give it a try tonight to see at what point it aborts the burn and if rendering first makes a difference. I would like to find a better work around than writing to a folder.
Ronnie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ronnie » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:55 pm

I had to leave the house before it finished, but when I returned home, it had finished, apperantly without error.
Ronnie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Premiere Elements encounters error during burning proces

Postby dsttexas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:41 pm

I have a large project (just over an hour) with DVD menus. All but a couple last minute edits had been rendered first. Burn to disk stopped at 58%. I rebooted and reloaded, and rendered the whole movie without a problem. Burn to disk failed at the same 58%. Bummer. This type burn problem has happened on several previous projects.

I researched a number of photos around 50-65% of the timeline, sizes were 1000 x 750, 763 x 600, 750 x 1000, 750 x 1031, and 1000 x 1333. I didn't think any of these would cause a failure. In fact, all my photos were in those size ranges.

So I then created a dv-avi file of the movie, successfully. It played nicely in Windows Media Player and DivX Plus Player, but RealPlayer, Quicktime and Nero Showtime players all showed washed out videos(??). Of course, none of them had my nice DVD Menu's which makes it a bit of a problem for any individual scene starts (14 of them).

Then I opened a new project and loaded that dv-avi file on the timeline, then did a burn to disk just to check it out. It worked and played fine.

Then I used that project to re-add my scene markers and DVD Menus, and did a final burn to disk. Success!

From now on, my process will always be to create a final dv-avi file when all editing is done except for the DVD Title Menus, then load it back in a new project and do the menus before attempting any burning processes.

Don
Dell Vostro quad core i7, 6GB, Win 10 64 bit, latest service levels. Sony Movie Studio 12, DVD Arch Studio 5, Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
dsttexas

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:06 am

Sometimes that problem is caused by a tiny gap between adjacent clips on the timeline.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby dsttexas » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 am

John (and others),

Do you know of any way to find such tiny gaps that break the burning process? How did you discover it, John?

A couple times I somehow ended up with noticeable empty space between clips, and trying to right click the gap to delete and close gap did not work as it was grayed out. Sometimes I would have to drag the clips back (1 at time!), or go back to a previous auto-save that was good.

Don
Dell Vostro quad core i7, 6GB, Win 10 64 bit, latest service levels. Sony Movie Studio 12, DVD Arch Studio 5, Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
dsttexas

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:14 am

The easiest way that I've found is to zoom in on the timeline to the maximum zoom. Then use the Page Down and Page Up key to jump to each break point, looking for gaps at each point. If you have many tracks this can get to be a bit tedious because you'll need to look at each track as you go.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 7