They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

InstantMovie a Smash Hit with Me.

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

InstantMovie a Smash Hit with Me.

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm

Yesterday I explored the InstantMovie themes further and have to say that they are a smash hit with me. Much more sophisticated in design and content than in version 4. Expecially cool is being able to substitute your own music and have the beats automatically detected and the movie length automatically adjusted to the length of the song, such as in the Music Video theme. The advancements made with the themes was worth the upgrade for me.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: InstantMovie a Smash Hit with Me.

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm

That's great to hear RJ, thanks so much for the good report :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Knowing how heavily you scrutinize, Robert, that's quite a testimony!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob D » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Man, I'll say. Nice to hear it is working without a techinical work around of some kind. Also, not having PE V7 I assume this is the version with the functionality you are referring to.
Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:46 pm

Yes, Bob D, Version 7.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks fr that review of InstantMovie Robert. Your opinion means a lot to me.
This year I decided not to upgrade until I let it soak in the real world for a little while. I like what I have been hearing so far. Maybe my wife can get me a copy for Christmas.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Works, but quickly monotonous

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:39 pm

Just received my copy of version 7this weekend. I hit the Instant Movie button as my first test, just to see what would happen. In this case I fed it 20 minutes of tennis. It took a while for Instant Movie to evaluate my footage for what it thought was the most interesting parts. Not sure how it came about that decision. However, it worked flawlessly. It created a movie with some interesting effects. I must admit that it got to be quite repetitious before it reached the end. I used the Extreme Sports Theme. It seemed to have zoomed in on my movie, thus giving it some graininess that I personally did not care for. However, it did sync some of the changes with the music.

The one question that I have, is it possible to undo some of the effects that have been applied by Instant Movie. When looking at it late Sunday night, I did not readily see transitions and the like. I will look closer a bit later in the week. But thought I would ask.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:14 am

I didn't try a movie, just stills totaling about 6 minutes before applying a theme. I know that you can right-click on the movie on the timeline and then select "break apart" which allows you to make changes.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:35 am

And Vernon you dont need to let it analyze your clips (Smart Tagging) to make an instant movie, this is the part that takes the time. I find the Smart Tagging pretty useless really... it tells you if your clips are blurred, movement, audio, dark, etc etc. And as Robert says you can select to break apart the instant movie and change things if they are not fully to your liking.

I dont use the feature for a full movie... just for spicing up short sections of a larger movie. In that way you can avoid the repetitions.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:48 am

Vernon, I had a chance to play with this some more today. There is an option that you can choose that will keep the same clips from being repeated over and over. Under "Sequence" choose Time/Date instead of Theme Order.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:21 am

Does Vernon mean repetition of the clips or repetition of the instant movie effects???? I thought the latter.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 am

Paul LS wrote:Does Vernon mean repetition of the clips or repetition of the instant movie effects???? I thought the latter.

Yep, repetition of effects was what I was commenting on. Thanks for the tip on breaking the movie apart. I guess I should read the manual, but this was a quick test out of the box. They are making some parts of PrEl 7 more accessible. It is starting to look a bit more like Pinnacle, but let's hope they don't repeat the instability :neutral:

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:08 am

Yes, that is one reason I think it is good for using as a short "clip" within a longer movie, rather than using instant movie for a whole movie.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7