They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7 is here!

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Re: The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7 is here!

Postby Barb O » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks Steve - I have relayed your information about shipment and cost to the UK over to the original poster at elementsvillage
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby UKPal » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:04 am

I'll finally be catching sight of the book! I have persuaded my boss to get a copy for the office - in case I'm not around and there is a need to produce a video at short notice - I'm not saying that I know everything in the book of course, which is why I'll be taking it home first ;)
UKPal
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 am

To our UK, Canadian and other European friends (as well as those on the other side of the world) --

If Amazon or the Muvipix store (which links through Amazon) is not able to get you a copy of the book in a timely manner, or if the book is not available at all in your country, please feel free to write me at Steve at Muvipix.com and I'll be glad to ship you a copy directly. I think, at the current exchange rate, I can do it for about 19 or 20 British pounds, all in.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby DeafBug » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi,

Just finished reading the book. I think it is a great book and it gave just enought information for a person like me to show me the ropes rather than in details making it a fat book.

The only beef I have is that many references in the book that refers you to the website (this site) to learn or gain more information from the articles. I was surprised that it asks for money. I was throw back about it. I just wanted to know what the two monitor layout recommendations Steve suggests AND I got to pay for it? I should be thankful that I got the best layout tip, Show Docking Header. ::CLAP:

Thanks,
a laid-off person who now has time for video-editing for the volunteer work I do while attending school.
Intel Core Quad 2.4Ghz Q6600 on ASUS P5N32E-SLI with NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 8GB RAM, booting Windows 7 64-bit and 32-bit, and XP using BootIt NG.
MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, anti-glare screen with Boot Camp
DeafBug

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Thanks for your kind words about the book Deaf! Glad it got you own your way.

Meantime, have a look at our products page and you'll see that we also have a lot of free stuff -- Tips, tutorials, music, DVD menus, stock footage -- that we're giving away absolutely free! Help yourself.

And, yes, there are more advanced pieces that go to our subscription members. It does cost money to maintain this site and to provide some of the services we provide (including our regular video contests, which offer hundreds of dollars worth of prizes but cost nothing to enter).

And certainly you can ask away all you want on this forum! Answers are always free! ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:24 am

And welcome to Muvipix :meet:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby stefan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:31 am

DeafBug wrote: I just wanted to know what the two monitor layout recommendations Steve suggests AND I got to pay for it?
Have you had a look at this thread?:
http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4465&p=39039&hilit=two+monitor+layout#p39224
stefan

Postby DeafBug » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

stefan, thanks for the thread. I looked at it and I will have to play by ear to decide what is best for me. I agree on having a timeline across the screen. I have a 20 inch widescreen and a 17 inch standard. They both are the same height, which is nice.

John, I have the same CPU you have but with 8GB RAM. ( I know Premiere is 32-bit and XP sees only 4GB.) I am on dual boot with Vista 64-bit on the other partition. I use the XP for multimedia stuff including capturing videos or burning CDs and so on. it is totally to the bare minimum install to prevent coasters and dropped frames. (That XP partition was that way for years.) I didn't need all the other garbage on the same OS when you need all the power and RAM. I just wish that Premiere is 64-bit. I know the Pro is.

That brings up a question. I did poke around Adobe for student discount. The only two suites where Premiere Pro is bundled with is Production and Master. While I am only in the beginning of this hobby that I wanted to do for years, the Production Suite is $500 for students. It has all the other apps installed. I am not sure if I can shell it out. But are the other apps worth it? One thing I didn't see is if all the apps can run on 64-bit. The only thing that I am proud of is that I have returned to school without needing a loan. So I am penny pitching now. I could ask for it as a graduation gift. :)

Sorry for going off topic here. At least I am here as a starter, we all "graduate" and move on to the bigger and better things. Others say this is all I need and who needs all the extra "fluff"
Intel Core Quad 2.4Ghz Q6600 on ASUS P5N32E-SLI with NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 8GB RAM, booting Windows 7 64-bit and 32-bit, and XP using BootIt NG.
MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, anti-glare screen with Boot Camp
DeafBug

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:30 am

DeafBug wrote:John, I have the same CPU you have but with 8GB RAM.

I have just installed 8Gb Crucial RAM in anticipation of installing Windows 7 64 bit when it becomes available. I am already running Windows 7 RC 64 bit on another machine and it is very stable (so far - saying it could be the kiss of death :???: ).

At the time of my XP to Win7 migration I will have to finally say goodbye to my copy of PrElv2.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby kathyconnolly » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:18 am

I definitely need this book or I need to go back to Pinnacle! Anyway, we get a book if we join, don't we? So I could just pick that one?

Thanks,
kbc
kathyconnolly

Postby Ron » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 am

kathyconnolly wrote:I definitely need this book or I need to go back to Pinnacle! Anyway, we get a book if we join, don't we? So I could just pick that one?

Yep :)
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to PRE Version 7