They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Black margins

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Re: Black margins

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:10 am

Don't forget to share the files with me after you post them to Dropbox or I won't be able to get to them!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks for sending me the project file and your captured video, Ros.

I've opened the project file you're using and added the media to it -- and I'm just not seeing any black margins either on the sides or above and below the video. The video fits perfectly into the project.

Are you seeing something other than this? Can you post a screen capture?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:26 am

I've received your screenshot of your project, Ros. Does it show the black bars?

If you're talking about the gray areas above and below your video in the Monitor panel (something you don't see in my screenshot, above), those aren't margins in your video. They just have to do with how you've got your program set up.

As I show you in the book, you can resize the panels by hovering your mouse over the seams between the panels until you see a double-headed arrow and then clicking and dragging. If you resize the Monitor panel narrower, you won't see the gray above and below your video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ros » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:47 am

Steve, I have sent you a screenshot. Thanks for your last comment regarding the clip I sent you on dropbox which you said was perfect! I then burnt the wedding video on to a DVD regardless of the black margins top and bottom which you will see on the screen shot. When I played the video on my large TV it was brilliant with no black margins. I can only think my work space has changed with the new Windows 7 and so now will work with those black margins knowing that when the video is put on a DVD they won't be there. I have tried restoring the work space on Premiere E 7 and it makes no difference. However, it would have been nice if the picture had filled the screen on the editing programme!
Ros
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:46 am

The video CAN fill the frame in the editing workspace, Ros, if you resize the panel that the video is in, as I described in my last post.

Meantime, can you Dropbox me a sample of your DVD video (the VOB file)? I'd like to check out the black margins on it myself?

It's possible what's going on has to do with a setting on a disc player rather than Premiere Elements. (I'm assuming you've got a widescreen TV that's capable of displaying 16:9 video.)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 7