They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Highlighting Multiple Clips/Stills on Timeline

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Highlighting Multiple Clips/Stills on Timeline

Postby rusty » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Muvipxers,

I think it has been well over a year since I have posted - been awfully busy with work. My PE skills are rusty (LOL - rusty, get it?!?) and I am running low on time to get my son's grad video done. I did a morph of Pre-school to Grade 12 school photos using Fantamorph, exported it as an image sequence (420 tiff's) and brought them into a PE7 project at one frame each with a solid color matter behind. The morph runs smoothly, but I want to apply an edge feather effect to all 420 frames as that seems to work very nicely get rid of the square edges/borders of the original stills that seem to come through even though the transparency of the .tiff's has been preserved. How do I highlight every frame so I can copy and paste attributes - essentially the edge feather effect from the first frame to all of the other 419 frames in one fell swoop (rather than shift-clicking on 419 frames to highlight them all)? I hope that makes sense. This will save me at least half an hour or more.

Thanks guys,

Russ
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Highlighting Multiple Clips/Stills on Timeline

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:14 am

Once you are happy with the settings on the first frame you should click 'Copy Attributes' on the first frame then "click and drag" a lasso over all of the other frames and then hit 'Paste Attributes'.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby rusty » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks. What do I click on first? When I click on a clip and drag it, the whole clip moves to the new location when I release the mouse button. Nothing gets lassooed.
Boy do I feel dumb, but I have done a lot of amateur editing with PE. but I never figured this out...
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:45 am

Create the "lasso" on a track immediately above the images. Then, without releasing the mouse button, drag it down onto them. (Like all things, easy to demonstrate but so tricky to explain. LOL). Stick with it! We'll get there. :-D

EDIT: Found this posting on the Elements Village website; posting made in 2009 by someone called Chuck Engels (grin):-

"Here is the way that I do it, might help you too.

Zoom in to the first clip I want to select and place the CTI toward the end of that clip. I then zoom out until I can see the last clip on the timeline and all tracks. I click and drag the lasso from the last clip on the timeline to the CTI. Then I will zoom back in on the CTI position to ensure I didn't grab any extra clips, if I did then I de-select them. If I do grab any extras there usually aren't many and de-selecting a few is very quick and easy.

Hope that helps. "
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bob » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:16 am

Keep in mind that Premiere Elements 7 can import an image sequence. In the Add Media dialog box, check the box at the bottom that says "numbered stills" and select the first still image in the sequence. When you click open, the sequence will be imported and will appear as a single video clip in the media bin. It's a little late for this project, but you might want to try it just to see how it works.
Bob

Postby rusty » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks everyone. Both worked. Bob, I was only working on the morph sequence so it was easy enough to just delete the other ones (learning how to lasso sure helped), re-import the media as a numbered sequence, drop the "clip" (yay!) on the timeline, and apply the two adjustments (scale and edge feather). It looks awesome. Now I'll just export the .avi and use it in my project. Thanks again!!
Russ
rusty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7