They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

A plain black (or any other colour) frame/clip

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

A plain black (or any other colour) frame/clip

Postby William Tranter » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Dear friends,
I used to use Pr.El. V.1 for years, but now that I have a posh new camcorder outputting AVCHD files, I am using Pr.El. v.7 - but there's one thing I could do EASILY in PE v.1, but I can't find a way to do it in PE v.7!
At the beginning and end of my projects I put in a plain black clip so that when I output to tape, I have a little 'handle' which lets my digital VCR get going properly before the show begins. I could click on a little icon just under the media tray and it brought up a little drop down menu giving me a choice of Black Video or a Colour Video (where I could choose any colour from a standard colour picker and then name the clip "black video" or whatever.
But I can't find a similar tool in v.7 - is it there?
OK, I could always record a short clip with a lens cap on but this method isn't perfect, and I could record unwanted noise. And this method doesn't allow me to set the clip colour to any other colour either.
Can somebody advise, please?
All the best,
Bill

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Dell XPS 430 running Win7 Pro 64-bit with 8GB RAM, Sony TRV480E (digital8), Sony GVD800 vcr (digital8), Sony HDR-FX7E (HDV, miniDV), and Sony CX730E (AVCHD).
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: A plain black (or any other colour) frame/clip

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:42 pm

I think this is what you're looking for Bill. It's in the Edit tab:

New Items Menu.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: A plain black (or any other colour) frame/clip

Postby William Tranter » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:39 am

Thank you, Dave! V.7 seems to have all the features of v.1, but not so easy to find or use because of all the added features - no doubt I'll get used to it!
Thank you.
Bill

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Dell XPS 430 running Win7 Pro 64-bit with 8GB RAM, Sony TRV480E (digital8), Sony GVD800 vcr (digital8), Sony HDR-FX7E (HDV, miniDV), and Sony CX730E (AVCHD).
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 7