They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burning to Blue Ray Disks

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Burning to Blue Ray Disks

Postby Cope This 719 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:02 am

I an having a problem burning to a Blue Ray disk. At the moment I am using Verbatim BD-R 25 GB. What is happening is as follows. From the Share section of Elements 7 I select Blue Ray. using preset H264 1920x1080i PAL (I live in Australia ) Dolby. other settings are Fit contents to available space (Not Selected ) Space Required 826.00MB Bitrate 20.19Mbps.
I then hit the burn and my computer goes ahead Compiles. In the second stage I get a message saying "DISK ERROR" I back out of this and try again only to receive the message "BURNER READY FOR BURNING DISK" However The burn button is greyed out. I have tried this on other disks with the same results. I have been successful in burning to a DVD - R disk.

One last thing when I insert a disk a pop up box asks weather I want to initialise the disk. Should disks both DVD and Blue Ray be initialised.

Hoping in faith
John
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GH, Corsair SSD 120 GB Drive x 2, Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram, Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, Internal Memory 2 TB x 2
Zotac GeForce GTX 570, LG Blue Ray Read / Write, External 1TB Drive x2.
Cope This 719

Re: Burning to Blue Ray Disks

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 am

Try burning the files to a BD folder (is that option available?) then use ImgBurn to burn the actual disc.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Here is the ImgBurn 'how to' for burning BD disc:-

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512

Let us know if that works. By the way, I always burn to a re-writable BD-RE disc as that way I don't end up with lots of coasters - and BD discs are still relatively expensive!!
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: Burning to Blue Ray Disks

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:02 am

Unfortunately, John, Premiere Elements does not include the option to burn your BluRay files to a folder on your hard drive.

Even more unfortunately, I'm not sure what other solution there is. Unless you're willing to do what many of us have done: Supplement Premiere Elements with DVD Architect Studio.

DVD Architect Studio is a dedicated DVD authoring program from Sony Creative Software. It's surprisingly cheap (a $39 download) and surprisingly powerful! And it has none of these kinds of issues.

You continue to edit in Premiere Elements. But, when your editing is done, you output the finished piece to DVD Architect Studio and do your DVD/BluRay design and output from there.
Last edited by VernonRobinson on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Change typo in title
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7