They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Menu

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

Re: Menu

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:23 pm

I've taken a look at this for the past 30 minutes or so.
Imported the SWF into After Effects and exported as FLV then imported that into Flash and exported as SWF.
I can't get the file specifications high enough to match the original.

It would be best if we had the original flash project, the SWF in the DVD Templates folder is marked as Protected and cannot be edited directly in Flash, thus having to use the After Effects route.

It may be possible but it is definitely going to take a little time. I can open the SWF in After Effects, add it to the timeline multiple times to get the file to 28 seconds, exporting is quick and easy. The import and export from Flash is also pretty quick and easy but something is not working correctly as Premiere Elements does not like the file the way it comes out of Flash. I can't even play the file in the DVD Templates folder, but it will play from my desktop. I'm sure there is something that I don't quite understand happening here.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:06 am

I've been working on it in After Effects too, Chuck. It works great if you output it as a 12 fps H.264 mp4. Premiere Elements even recognizes it as background video.

But I cant' get the flashing lights in this video to line up with the stationary graphics in the DVD template.

I'm sure it's a square pixel/non-square pixel thing. I'll keep at it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Talk about going the extra mile......Roll up folks. This is what makes Muvipix not only special but so worth your (US$) support!!
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Little Nac » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks Guys for helping out my little Bubby Grub, Muvipix sure does go the extra mile. I know if you can get it working she will be over the moon,
so will I seeing this particular DVD was a present for me.
Little Nac :TU:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Little Nac » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks Steve.
Did what you said and it worked great. Thanks very much once again.
The lights do blink but I do agree with you very slowly, but these machines aren't the best.
When we burn it to a DVD we'll let you know how it looks.
Bubby Grub is over the moon!
But you know what? Your response on this Thread has disappeared! I read what you said to do, and it worked a treat,
but your info has mysteriously disappeared.
Any reason why?
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:10 pm

I pulled my posting when I realized I couldn't get the motion background to work on my Mac. But that could be a whole other issue.

If you're happy with the results of the background I posted earlier, let me know and I'll put them back up.

Thanks for your enthusiasm regardless! This has been a real challenge for me!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Steve,
Glad to hear you pulled the thread, I thought I was going mad there for a while, one minute I see it, the next I didn't. Although Little Nac thinks I am already mad!
At this stage I am very happy, I just did a test run, and found I had to play with the music a little, one I tried did stop and start, but did a little playing further
and tried a couple of others that did work. As I said it is very hard to see the lights flashing, but if you watch it closely they are flashing, only very slowly. I am just
doing a few finishing touches to this particular project the menu was meant for, and once that's is done, will apply your new menu, and burn. Will let you know how
that goes.
Thanks so much again for your efforts very much appreciated.
Cheers
Bubby Grub :tx:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Okay, these files seem to work.

To install them, first go to your DVD menu template folder for Blinking Lights and delete the .swf files (or just stow them in a sub-folder). Then extract the file below into the folder.

Restart Premiere Elements. And, if you already have Blinking Lights applied (you may even seem some missing files messages, which you can ignore), temporarily apply another template to clear the cache and then re-apply Blinking Lights.

Because these are larger files, they may seem to flash much more slowly in Preview mode. But, on your final output, they should look fine. And they should allow you to now add a 30-second audio loop to each menu.

So please give it a good test drive and let me know how your results go. This one has been a real challenge! It's tough enough chasing my own bugs -- but it's tough chasing them for Adobe too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi Steve
Thanks so much again, as previously said I gave it a test run on a dummy project, and at this stage all looks good, as this is not the most powerful of computers, the lights
are rather slow, but music and lights are working.
I am still doing some finishing touches to the project this menu was meant for, and unfortunately when I start finishing touches, they can sometimes turn into major touches,
so don't envisage this will be ready for burn for a couple of days. So please don't think I am rude or ungrateful at this stage. I will certainly come back with the results when
I have burn't to DVD.
Thanks again for all your efforts
Cheers
Bubby Grub =; \:D/
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:29 am

Hi Steve,
Just an update on the menu "blinking lights", sorry it took so long, but just finished my minor/turn into major touch-ups, and burnt to DVD,
the menu look greats on the HD TV, and music works great, the only thing is the lights did not flash. Have no idea why, but otherwise the menu and music
worked great. Little Nac was happy, and that's the main thing as the DVD was meant as surprise pres. for him. He asked me not to mention it, but just
in case anyone else runs into that problem, I thought it would be the idea.
Otherwise as I said the menu and music worked great.
Thanks again for everything.
Bubby Grub \:D/
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks for reporting back, Bubby!

Looks like we can even "fix" Adobe issues once in a while here on Muvipix!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 7