They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

clear black film

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

clear black film

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi All,

I have played around with various ideas, incl. black video but none of them gives me the realistic look I am after.
Say I had a still on one track with a fairly simple motion loop background how do I get a realistic look of an overlay of clear black film just on the pic itself.
Then say another time I wanted a pic to look like you had placed a clear white film overlay
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Bubby Grub
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: clear black film

Postby momoffduty » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:29 pm

I am not sure if I follow what you are trying to accomplish. If you want the photo to appear to have black or white film you could create a color layer above your photo background layer in PSE & bring that into PrEl. Would have to lower the opacity of the color layer. Could add some texture.

If you want to create this in PrEl use the Titler to create a solid and lower the opacity. To match up the movements to a photo first keyframe the photo & then copy the photo's attributes & paste attributes to the title.

Do you want the color to be a film strip type color? May want to try black/brown.

Here is a tut that may be similar:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles ... o-tutorial
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi Cheryl
Thanks for tut, that is a little bit like what I am after, not exactly,
but it has given me another thought. A little later, I will follow the tut, but apply a little of my own imagination.
A new day, fresh thoughts.
Thanks again.
BG
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm

aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bubby Grub » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Cheryl
Thanks for the thought, I worked on it yesterday using the tut you suggested, plus throwing a little imagination of my own. Actually I was
quite happy with the results, I feel I can improve on it, oh well a fresh day, fresh thoughts. Just had a look at the Artbeats collections, a
little expensive unfortunately for me, but looking at it gave me some fresh ideas. Just what I needed some fresh thoughts from someone else.
Sometimes I think I work so long on something I become very stale. Great to get thoughts from other people, seems to get me on track again.
Actually sometimes I prefer an effect I do, if I do something accidental, rather than what I sent out to do, I like it better.
BTW love your work, you do have good ideas.
Thanks again
BG
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Bubby Grub wrote:Hi Cheryl

Actually sometimes I prefer an effect I do, if I do something accidental, rather than what I sent out to do, I like it better.
BTW love your work, you do have good ideas.
Thanks again
BG

Stuff happens on accident to me quite often. I start out to make one effect and end up with something I like better.

If you like the film clutter do a google search and see if anything comes up free.

And thanks for the compliment. :)
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to PRE Version 7