They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

audio & video on different tracks?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 7.

audio & video on different tracks?

Postby ChancyRat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Is this a problem, can I let it be as I continue to edit to finish?
In the process of editing, my audio and video of all clips were separated and placed on different numbered tracks, e.g., audio on track 5, video on track 3. Title slides now reside on the video of the track where the audio is. Each clip is still one clip (audio and video combined) - by this I mean if I click onto the audio of one clip, the video highlights as well, telling me it's still "one".

This all plays properly. I made too many edits to undo them back to to re-joining the audio and video, so my question is whether it's okay to proceed and edit to finish? Or is there a trick to placing them back onto one track together without disturbing the order and location of all the title clips?

Thanks.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: audio & video on different tracks?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:32 pm

It shouldn't be a problem. In fact, it may not be worth trying to fix. It won't make a bit of difference in how your project comes together.

I've never seen video and audio separating like that, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. You can probably get them to both appear on the same track set if you just move one or the other to a new track.

But, unless it's causing a problem for you, it's probably not worth the trouble.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ChancyRat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:It shouldn't be a problem. In fact, it may not be worth trying to fix. It won't make a bit of difference in how your project comes together.

I've never seen video and audio separating like that, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. You can probably get them to both appear on the same track set if you just move one or the other to a new track.

But, unless it's causing a problem for you, it's probably not worth the trouble.

Thank you. I have seen it happen before but always promptly, so that I could 'un-do'.
In this case I was dragging in some stand-alone audio clips and moving them along an audio track, focusing on only point point in the timeline, yet laying many clips out far to the right. Then I would replace the one I was listening to with one of them in the line-up, and move each accordingly. Lots of moving clips along the timeline when there was video(+its audio) above these test mp3's. Other than that I don't know how the split was caused.

Steve, could you direct me to the thread on how to insure that video remains HD (264) when one has added in non-HD clips (audio or video)? I confess with some embarrassment I never figured out the setting to adjust so that the HD doesn't get compromised. I can't figure out the term to search for. Thankkkkks.

THANKS.
ChancyRat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:43 pm

>Steve, could you direct me to the thread on how to insure that video remains HD (264) when one has added in non-HD clips (audio or video)?

Sorry, Chancy. I don't know that this is possible. HD is HD and non-HD is non-HD. I always recommend against mixing them in the same project.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Just a side note about mixing video, Premiere Elements 10 handles many forms of video very well and they can be mixed in a project without ill effects.
Premiere Pro has been able to do this for a few years now, you can even have sequences with different settings now, the software has come a long way :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 7