They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Learning Premier Pro

Premiere Pro discussions.

Learning Premier Pro

Postby Cope This 719 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:48 am

Well I have bitten the bulitt and purchased a new computer, so while I am in the mood I will download Adobe Production CS that contains Premier Pro. What I would like to do is to find some locations where I can learn the basics ( and a little more ) of PP.

Any help most appreciated

Regards from "Down Under "
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GH, Corsair SSD 120 GB Drive x 2, Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram, Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, Internal Memory 2 TB x 2
Zotac GeForce GTX 570, LG Blue Ray Read / Write, External 1TB Drive x2.
Cope This 719

Re: Learning Premier Pro

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:59 am

The first place I'd go would be http://www.creativecow.net. They have hundreds of free tutorials!

But if you want to learn the basics, I'd go with the "Essential Training" tutorials at our partner site, http://www.Lynda.com. This site offers "books" of tutorials, which you work through one "chapter" at a time. And it's probably the best tutorial site on the web.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 am

Here is a good place to start (There is a link for tutorials.):
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro ... index.html

Also, Google "Premiere Pro Tutorials":
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Premiere+Pro+CS5+Tutorials
Peru

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:30 am

Creative Cow does have a lot of tutorials on the basics, but they are relatively scattered around. The best bet for a coherent training course is a training site like Lynda.com. If you buy the production suite and register it, you get a bonus. One choice of bonus is a free one month membership to Lynda.com. Even if you don't choose the free month, Lynda.com is very reasonable.
Bob

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 am

If you have used one of the very early versions of PrEl (v1 or v2) you'll find a lot of things are familiar in PPro. I switched to PPro from PrEl v2 and I was surprised at how easy the migration was.

I haven't used PrEl beyond v2 but my gut feeling is that there has been some divergence in look and feel as Adobe have driven their Elements products away from their original 'cut down versions of PPro (and Photoshop)' to more easily used consumer products.

For speed of starting I agree that the Lynda tutorials are best. The one to start with is probably the Premiere Pro Essentials. For Photoshop I would also start with the Essentials training.

Although I have used PPro and PS for some years now I have a few other Lynda courses on DVD and often play them through just to refresh my memory about some of the tools/techniques that maybe I don't use that often.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby momoffduty » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:08 am

I agree that the Lynda tuts are a great way to jump into PrPro. Sometimes when you purchase an Adobe Pro Product you get a free 30 day trial at Lynda. A good book is Premiere Pro Bible by Adele Droblas & Seth Greenberg. Loaded with lots of info with 1,000 pages, but I am don't know if they have a CS5 version.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Premiere Pro