They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Flip 3rd gen 60fps and CS5 workflow

Premiere Pro discussions.

Flip 3rd gen 60fps and CS5 workflow

Postby sidd finch » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:08 am

I have one of the 3rd gen Flip cameras that shoots 720P at 60fps. The question I have is regarding workflow. I am also using another flip that records 720P at 30fps. My desired output is 720P 30fps for upload to Vimeo.

What is the best way to convert the 60fps. I am using PPro CS5.

Should I create a 720P 30fps project then use the interpret footage to change the 60fps to 30fps, or should I try to convert the 60fps in a separate project.? Thank you

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Flip 3rd gen 60fps and CS5 workflow

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 am

Sidd,

You shouldn't have any problem editing both the 30fps and the 60fps 720p in the same timeline. Set your sequence to match the 30fps clips. When you add the 60fps clips to the timeline, Premiere Pro CS5 will automatically drop the extra frames to sync with the 30fps. If you use interpret footage and change the frame rate from 60 to 30 and then place the clip on the timeline, you'll essentially get slow motion as the frames will display at half the rate.

If you want, you can create a separate 60fps sequence and add a 60fps clip to that. You can then add the 60fps sequence to the 30fps sequence timeline and edit it there. This can avoid problems in some circumstances.
Bob

Re: Flip 3rd gen 60fps and CS5 workflow

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Thank you Bob, I will try it and see how it works. thank you for the advice.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Premiere Pro