They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Upgrade Offer (Again?)

Premiere Pro discussions.

Upgrade Offer (Again?)

Postby Bobby » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:45 am

I just received an email from Adobe with an offer to upgrade to Premiere Pro CS4 for $299, good until 9/15.

Very tempting, but if I did that I would probably want AE also.

Decisions, decisions...
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Upgrade Offer (Again?)

Postby Barb O » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:50 am

Bobby,

I also received that offer and was wondering on which forum to post that info. I still have much to learn in Premiere Elements, so I will not upgrade.

Barb O
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:09 pm

I received the same offer -- I'm not going to take them up on it. I would like to get Premiere Pro, but, since I already have After Effects, what I would really like from Adobe would be a half-off step up offer on the Production Suite. I'm not going to hold my breath. :( I do qualify for the upgrade from After Effects price. I may go that route, but that's not half-off.

If history is any guide, the CS5 release is just around the corner. They seem to send these offers just prior to the announcement of the new release. I'm still guessing October.
Bob

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:37 am

Having gone through CS3 and CS4, I'll probably give CS5 a miss and go for CS6. That'll likely be the last version I'll buy.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bill Hunt » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Folks, you know how to hurt a guy's feelings. I've been a registered Adobe since before the Internet. Heck, from the first moment that PS hit the PC, and have owned most of their programs. I got nothing!

Now, I am with Bob, on the Production Studio. I'll possibly get CS4 (one of the suites), near the end of its run, or early on CS5.

Right now, CS2 Production Studio w/ Audition 3, is running great, and I'm not doing HD, so I really do not want for anything, except PS-Extended.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro