They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

CS4 and i7 and Creative Suite Production Premium

Premiere Pro discussions.

CS4 and i7 and Creative Suite Production Premium

Postby Maxine370 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:52 pm

So I just got a new 64 bit system the i7 (quad core) processor with 6 GB of Ram and while I was at it upgraded to the CS4 Creative Suite - Production Premium...a lot to take on all at once but still have my old sytem running as back up.

Anyway, I'm slowly delving into everything ( i wasn't even on Vista yet before this), lots of housekeeping to do before I go full speed ahead. Still have only gotten to really get using the Premiere (which I've already found 2 bugs in). However, hope to be using all programs a lot more soon (Illustrator and Soundbooth I'm not all that familiar with so don't count those) and can answer questions with regard to CS4 for anyone who might be thinking about an upgrade.

So far, I find the system to be fast (although not quite as fast as I imagined but a vast improvement). Some nice features in CS4 but nothing I couldn't have lived without. I upgraded for 3 real reasons 1. to make sure I was compatitble now that I went to the i7 processor (CS3 seems to be working after all but does have some issues). 2. dynamic link which you can only get with a suite 3. the very cool blend modes now in Premiere CS4.

Anyway, more to report as I get to using it more. Again, if anyone has any question I'm happy to report what I know of the new features.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: CS4 and i7 and Creative Suite Production Premium

Postby Bob » Wed May 27, 2009 2:40 am

Just wanted to say congratulations on the new system and software. That's a sweet setup! :TU:
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 27, 2009 9:05 am

Sounds great Beth, you sure do deserve it :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Wed May 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Agree, cant wait to see what you produce with it... :yh:
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Wed May 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Congrats Beth! The blend modes sound interesting, maybe post a sample when you have time?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bill Hunt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Beth,

Not sure where your CS4 is in the update path, but I'd definitely go with the recent 4.1 update. It seems to have fixed a lot of early CS4 issues, and I've been reading little but good reviews of it. Seems that the best way to do this is to go to Bridge then Help>Update. The entire suite should get all available updates that way.

Good luck, and keep us posted on the that wonderful new machine and CS4.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro