They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Smartsound Quicktracks crashes Pro CS4?

Premiere Pro discussions.

Re: Smartsound Quicktracks crashes Pro CS4?

Postby Bill Hunt » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:24 pm

For all interested, both the QuickTracks for earlier versions of PrPro & PrE and the newer one for CS4 are both up in the SmartSound site: http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html?product=qxp.

Just get the one that you need.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VideoMogul » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:05 am

Hi (Bill) Hunt

I downloaded "SmartSound for Premiere", v 3.10 (ie SmartSound Quicktracks) and ran it but it would not recognize Premiere Pro CS3 plugins folder. I then got a lead from smartsound.com that if you had previously installed Quicktracks copy "ImporterQuicktracks" to the Premiere Pro CS3 plug-ins/en_US directory. To do so I installed an old copy of Premiere Elements 3 and ran the SmartSound Quicktracks program. I then copied the plugin from one directory to the other. When I ran either Premiere program and called up Quicktracks I got "Smartsound Quicktracks is not properly set up on this system. Please reinstall the Quicktracks importer module." I have redone this, but no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

VideoMogul
VideoMogul
New User
New User

Postby Bill Hunt » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm

This is a new one to me. Now, I do not have CS3, but other, who do, have had zero issues with QuickTracks. When you install it, it will handle everything, and you do not need to copy/move anything to a plug-ins folder. It's the exact same with PrPro 2.0. When you install QT's, it finds PrPro. In my case, my installation was NOT in the default folder structure. I have so much Adobe stuff, that I have a folder, just below the root of C:\, just for Adobe programs. I do not even think that I had to point the installer to my custom installation - it read the Registry and did the rest.

Now, it sets things up in two locations: your Documents & Settings folder, for the instructions for QT (do not move this folder!), and then a location for the music. I moved this last folder to a 2TB external, that needs to be connected to use QT's for PrPro, and all of my music goes there. That Docs & Settings folder gets updated, with each new music acquisition.

Not sure why you are having a problem. Something to remember is that SmartSound has one of the best customer service departments out there. They will step you through any problems.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Premiere Pro