They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

resetting the work area bar in CS5.5

Premiere Pro discussions.

resetting the work area bar in CS5.5

Postby Matthew Max » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:35 am

What causes the bar to get out of whack, and is there a way to get it to stay where it should be?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: resetting the work area bar in CS5.5

Postby Peru » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:02 am

Please explain in more detail what you mean.
Peru

Postby Matthew Max » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:04 am

The work area bar should stretch across the work area. Sometimes -- too often -- it no longer stays put. It doesn't stretch and contract with the work area as the clips are added, modified, or removed.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:22 am

I have PrPro CS6. The work area bar increases as you add clips. If you are zoomed in and double click the work area bar it will expand only to the viewable area. If you are zoomed out and see the entire project and double click it will be the length of all the clips. If you want to only have a portion with the bar move the CTI and Alt+[ and Alt+] to adjust to your designated area.

I don't know why your bar is behaving that way. Your alternative is to double click the bar as I posted above.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Matthew Max » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:02 pm

I tried your technique, Cheryl, but it doesn't respond. I wish I could keep ahead of this problem. What happens is that I process the project and then find out the work area bar didn''t stay put -- I mean where it's supposed to be.

Well, wait a second here...I followed your instructions and it worked! Maybe it will work on the other projects. That would be something.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Double clicking the work area bar as Cheryl suggested will always stretch it to the length of the project shown in the timeline but only as far as it is zoomed in or out. Zoom out all of the way so you can see the entire project and all assets on the timeline, then double click on the work area bar and it will extend to the full length of the project. This should not change unless you somehow zoom in and then double click on the bar again, shortening the length to the viewable area. I do not remember ever having the issue that you have, my guess is that you somehow are moving or double clicking on the work area bar by accident?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:20 pm

This is great news. Saves me wasted time. I'm going to eat one or two tacos in your name, Chuck and Cheryl.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:36 pm

I agree, at one point you had to have adjusted the work area bar -- either deliberately or accidently. One point that wasn't mentioned is that once the work area bar has been adjusted it never works the way it originally did. That is, it doesn't stretch and contract with the work area as the clips are added, modified, or removed. If you want to reset the work are bar behavior back to the original, you will need to edit the project file.

First, close the project or exit Premiere Pro. Then, locate the project file (it will have a name ending in ".prproj") using Windows Explorer. Open the project file in Wordpad. Use "Find" (ctrl+f) and search for workbaradjusted. You should find something that looks like this:

<MZ.WorkBarAdjusted>true</MZ.WorkBarAdjusted>

Change true to false and save the file. Now when you open the project in Premiere Pro, the work area bar will work the same as it originally did.
Bob

Postby Matthew Max » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:40 pm

wow. That's it. That's the other part of my mysterious problem. Mil gracias, Bob.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:15 am

Excellent info Bob :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:22 am

I can't find WorkBarAdjusted when I open the project file in WordPad, Bob. I opened two different project files in WordPad, and one had WorkBarAdjusted and the other did not. HOWEVER...I just now copied the code into the file that didn't have it, and VOILA -- the work bar is working correctly.

Thank you so much, Bob. This will keep me from wasting rendering time...when I think I'm rendering the project but I'm only getting part. This is a big deal and an easy fix now.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Premiere Pro