They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

quake effect

Premiere Pro discussions.

quake effect

Postby Matthew Max » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:58 am

How do I get the earthquake effect of PE9 in Pro? I've rebuilt the project in Pro.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: quake effect

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:11 pm

The Earthquake Effect is a plugin from New Blue FX and one of the ones that Adobe bundled with Premiere Elements. It is not included with Premiere Pro. I don't believe you can copy the effect plugin from your PrE9 installation to Premiere Pro. New Blue has a history of having the bundled plugins check for which host is using it and only allowing the original hosting application. Even if the effect doesn't check, I believe PrE9 is 32-bit and Premiere Pro CS5 is 64-bit. If so, it probably won't work if you copy the plugin from one to the other.

You can buy the effect from New Blue. It's part of the Stylizers Excite bundle. That page says it supports Premiere Pro CS6 and newer. You might want to contact New Blue FX and ask if it is compatible with your CS5 version. You can also ask if they will sell it separately.

It would be a bit of work, but you could probably key frame the motion properties to simulate the shaking and rolling if you don't have the plugin.
Bob

Postby Matthew Max » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Great answer. Thanks, Bob! ...del fondo de mi corazón, como siempre. I don't use the effect enough to work for it. I can think up other effects. Think, think, think...
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:25 am

This PrPro tutorial has 3 different versions of jitter or quake. The first one is using keyframes and the other two has duplicate footage with effects. If you went the keyframe route, just create 2 keyframes and then copy & paste the keyframes a few times.

aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Matthew Max » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:28 am

Very interesting, off duty Cheryl. Mil gracias. I like this.

I think I've made (produced) 200 language lessons over the past year, replacing, revising, adding. Muvipix keeps me on the mark. Whew! What would I do without it?

Well...I would NOT do without it!
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:40 am

:::muvipix:::
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Pro