They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

VOICE OVER HELP

Premiere Pro discussions.

VOICE OVER HELP

Postby wsandrodias » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi I am very new to edting and I am. Doing a news package that I need to put a VO a dialogue. What the best way to do that?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
wsandrodias
New User
New User

Re: VOICE OVER HELP

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:19 am

Hi wsandrodias and welcome to Muvipix. :meet:

A couple of ways spring to mind.

You could record your voiceover using your video camera and just use the resulting soundtrack in PPro or you could use a microphone and Audacity. Audacity is quite a useful tool to have and it is free. You can find it here:-

http://audacityteam.org/
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby wsandrodias » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:50 am

Thank you so much!!! What do u think is the best way to achieve a nice fade in and out on the audio where my translator would lay the voice over the original?

wsandrodias
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:04 am

The easiest way and one that gives you the most control is to use volume key frames to set the Fade in, Fade out points and duration. (Effect Controls>Volume)
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby wsandrodias » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:05 am

Thank you so much for this..

wsandrodias
New User
New User

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:33 am

Thank you, Two Sheds! I've been setting key frames then dragging those tiny little yellow horizontal lines up or down.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:36 am

Welcome to Muvipix, Sandro!

Use the best quality microphone you can.

And Audacity works very well. Their website has instructions on how to isolate a segment of 'empty' background noise and then eliminate that part of the sound spectrum from your video to help clean it up.
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby GerryB » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:13 am

Sandro,

Welcome.

I have used the narration facility in PrPro to record a voice over. But you will need to make sure that you don't have any external noise in the background, e.g. PC fans running, street noise, heating boilers!!

Connect a suitable mic (others here may have suggestions).
Go to the Audio Mixed tab/panel and switch on the narration audio on the timeline.
Test you audio levels with many trial & doors recordings.
You will notice that the 'recorded' audio will be added to the narration track a bit delayed from the 'insert' point you planned but it is easy to slip the recording back along the timeline. It will also be added to the project assets panel and will automatically increment the file name/number.

I have been a bit vague about the process because your PC setup and configuration will have an affect on your process.

This video from Adobe may be of interest.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/no-stupid-questions-with-colin-smith/how-to-record-a-voice-over-narration-in-premiere-pro/

Also, don't forget to mute/turn off your speakers whilst you are recording or you will get a 'feed back' loop!

You can then adjust the fade in/out as described above.

Best wishes,

Gerry
GerryB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby wsandrodias » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:26 am

GerryB wrote:Sandro,

Welcome.

I have used the narration facility in PrPro to record a voice over. But you will need to make sure that you don't have any external noise in the background, e.g. PC fans running, street noise, heating boilers!!

Connect a suitable mic (others here may have suggestions).
Go to the Audio Mixed tab/panel and switch on the narration audio on the timeline.
Test you audio levels with many trial & doors recordings.
You will notice that the 'recorded' audio will be added to the narration track a bit delayed from the 'insert' point you planned but it is easy to slip the recording back along the timeline. It will also be added to the project assets panel and will automatically increment the file name/number.

I have been a bit vague about the process because your PC setup and configuration will have an affect on your process.

This video from Adobe may be of interest.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/no-stupid-questions-with-colin-smith/how-to-record-a-voice-over-narration-in-premiere-pro/

Also, don't forget to mute/turn off your speakers whilst you are recording or you will get a 'feed back' loop!

You can then adjust the fade in/out as described above.

Best wishes,

Gerry

Gary that's great thank you so much

wsandrodias
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:43 am

Lots of help in our tutorials, audio and narration, some of them are free

http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Pro