They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

What is the software to write Right-To-Left in Premiere Pro

Premiere Pro discussions.

What is the software to write Right-To-Left in Premiere Pro

Postby MGadAllah » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:47 am

Hi,
I've told here before about the software that is used to write the titles in Premiere Pro in Right_To-Left format before and I did bought it.
But I've moved to new place and lost the CD and even the name of the software and the company is lost.
Thanks
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: What is the software to write Right-To-Left in Premiere

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:01 am

I don't think you ever told us the name of the program you found. You did mention that you also found the wajihah convertor.

I'm not aware of a plugin or script for Premiere Pro to do that. I have seen a script for After Effects, but I don't know whether it is any good.
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:05 pm

I would think that ProDad Heroglyph could do that, not positive and I have not tried it but from what I have seen it does everything you can think of.

http://www.prodad.com/home/products/vid ... ,l-us.html
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:11 pm

I am kind of surprised that the Premiere Pro titles cannot animate writing text from right to left, what have you tried so far? Here is something from the Adobe forum about this subject;

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1161153

And something else that may help that talks about Wajihah converter.

http://www.clasener.eu/arabic-premiere-pro-solve/
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:52 pm

you can write Arabic in Photoshop and make your title in there.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

It's not just an issue of writing right to left. Arabic text is cursive and the letter forms may differ depending on whether the letter is written in the initial position of the word, the final position, a medial position, or detached. A simple reversal of the order of letters will not look right and will be difficult to read. A proper solution will take the positional forms into account.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:24 am

Bob wrote:I don't think you ever told us the name of the program you found. You did mention that you also found the wajihah convertor.I'm not aware of a plugin or script for Premiere Pro to do that. I have seen a script for After Effects, but I don't know whether it is any good.
What I do remember is that I've asked in one of my posts (not separated thread) about a solution for the way to write from right-to-left and one of the helpful members here in the MuviPix did searched for it and told me the name of the company and I did contacted them and went to their branch here in Cairo and bought the software which was about $100 usd as far as I remember ... But it seems that I am not hundred percent sure about it.

Chuck Engels wrote:I would think that ProDad Heroglyph could do that, not positive and I have not tried it but from what I have seen it does everything you can think of.
http://www.prodad.com/home/products/vid ... ,l-us.html
I've checked it few minutes ago and it is not supporting Arabic right-to-left.
The problem in the Wajhah Converter is that you can not change the font style at all and all are the same which is not good at all :(

Chuck Engels wrote:I am kind of surprised that the Premiere Pro titles cannot animate writing text from right to left, what have you tried so far? Here is something from the Adobe forum about this subject;
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1161153
And something else that may help that talks about Wajihah converter.
http://www.clasener.eu/arabic-premiere-pro-solve/
Yes I read that thread several times to make sure that I am aware of everything mentioned over there and it ended up that it is not solving everything.

sidd finch wrote:you can write Arabic in Photoshop and make your title in there. Sidd
Please may you tell me how to do so? and I hope if you may mention it in steps form or make small video for it if possible please.

Bob wrote:It's not just an issue of writing right to left. Arabic text is cursive and the letter forms may differ depending on whether the letter is written in the initial position of the word, the final position, a medial position, or detached. A simple reversal of the order of letters will not look right and will be difficult to read. A proper solution will take the positional forms into account.
This was the problem that was not solved in the thread mentioned above in the adobe forum. Exactly that was the problem.

Thanks a lot once again for your help my dear friends :)
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:02 am

Support for Middle Eastern Languages was added to all versions of Photoshop CS6 and later. You no longer need to have the Middle Eastern version. To enable it, you need to select the ME text engine in preferences and enable the ME features. See this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw7m5mVTk[/youtube]
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:38 am

Bob wrote:Support for Middle Eastern Languages was added to all versions of Photoshop CS6 and later. You no longer need to have the Middle Eastern version. To enable it, you need to select the ME text engine in preferences and enable the ME features. See this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw7m5mVTk[/youtube]

Thanks a lot my dear friend.
I meant how to create a title in Photoshop? is it just a normal regular .psd or there are special things need to be done.
Also when importing the file that has been created in Photoshop into premiere, how to import it as a title because the screen for adding an item as a title does not include any import option at all.
title.png

Once again too much appreciated :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:34 am

Yes, you can simply create a standard PSD file.

Create a new document using File>New... For document type, select the standard film and video preset that corresponds to your project and it will set the dimensions and pixel aspect ratio for you. You can also select a transparent background. Place the text and graphics you want and save the file as a standard PSD file. At this point, it is simply a photo file and not a title file.

One way to use the file you just created is to import it into Premiere Pro as a photo and place it on a track in a sequence and set the duration. It's a photo, you can use it like one. Another way to use the file is to add it to a title as a Logo. A Logo is simply a graphic file or photo. Create a default still title. In the titler window, right click on the title and select logo>insert Logo. You can also add it from the title menu. When you insert the photo as a logo, it becomes part of the title and you can save the title, or do anything else that you could do with a standard title.
Bob

Postby MGadAllah » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 am

Excellent indeed!!!
Bob, you should post that in Adobe support forums as well.
Just learning!
Mohamed GadAllah
MGadAllah
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Premiere Pro