They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Default video & audio tracks

Premiere Pro discussions.

Default video & audio tracks

Postby smythie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:24 pm

Hello, is there an option to set the default amount of video and audio tracks to be created when a new project is opened? i mainly use one of each and delete the empties so i can expand their view.
I'm using Premiere Pro Cs6
Thanks.

Gary Smith
smythie
New User
New User

Re: Default video & audio tracks

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:32 am

The number of audio and video tracks is controlled by the preset you select when you create the sequence. You can easily create a custom sequence preset containing fewer tracks.

To create a custom preset, open the "New Sequence" dialog (keyboard shortcut ctrl+n on Windows Command+n on mac -- creating a new project also opens the dialog). Select an appropriate preset from the list of available presets to form the basis of your custom preset. Now click on the "tracks" tab in the dialog. Change the video tracks to 1 and delete all but the first audio tracks. Now click the "Save Preset" button. It will ask you for name for the preset and a description. Click OK and the custom preset will be listed in the available presets list under the "Custom" category. Now, whenever you start a new project or create a new sequence simply select the custom preset.
Bob

Re: Default video & audio tracks

Postby smythie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:42 am

Cheers, thanks Bob. Didn't think of that one.
smythie
New User
New User

Return to Premiere Pro