They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burning project with DL disc in Encore

Premiere Pro discussions.

Burning project with DL disc in Encore

Postby thhult » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi,
I have completed a video project in Encore The size was about 8 gb so I thought to burn the project on the DL disc.
I specified DL as Disc info in the build panel and start burning the project in Encore. But I got error message about problems with the hardware, the burner. I tried different dvd burners but same problem.
In the end, I chose to set disk info to DVD and DVD / Image. I ignored the warnings from Encore and created an Image file. I burned the Image file on a DL disc. Everything went well.
The question remains why Encore can not manage DL disc ?

Regards Thomas
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Burning project with DL disc in Encore

Postby Peru » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Maybe the bit rate was too high?
Peru

Postby Bob » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:50 pm

It would help if we knew what messages you were getting.

If you got "Access Denied", try running Encore as an administrator. In Windows 7, right click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator".
Bob

Postby thhult » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:34 am

I open Encore as administrator. The error code from Encore is "Sense Code 37304 or 37302". How do I change the bit rate ?
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:15 am

What type of blank discs are you using? Is this an internal or external burner?

Both those sense codes fall under the "Media" category meaning that the disc is involved in the error. It could be the firmware for the drive (check to see if there is an update from the manufacturer), or it could be borderline quality discs.

Sense code 37304 is "PROGRAM MEMORY AREA UPDATE FAILURE". What this means is that Encore tried to write its creator ID and other data to the disc to create a uniquely identified disc and it failed. This is often caused by the drive firmware not recognizing the specific disc identifier burned into the disc by the manufacturer. If a firmware update is available, it may fix this. A frequent work around is to burn an ISO image to your hard drive and then burn the image to the disk.

Sense code 3702 is "POWER CALIBRATION AREA IS FULL". At the start of a burn, the DVD burner does a test write at a specific location on the disc to determine the optimum power level to write the data. Power level requirements can change as the disc fills and the write head moves to a different region of the disc so power calibration is repeated throughout the burn. This test is completely under control of the DVD burner. If this error occurs, it is almost always poor media, a defective burner (or, like the 37304 error, not recognizing the disc identifier; check to see if there is a firmware update), or not enough power getting to the burner. This error may be intermittent.

There is always the chance that an error in Encore is involved, but that is more likely with the 37304 error than the 37302 error.
Bob

Postby thhult » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:36 am

Thanks Bob.
The strange thing is that I get the same error message from both burners. An external and recently bought. The other is an internal burner Bluray
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:49 pm

That would seem to support what Bob has mentioned. It is possible, but not likely that both burners are bad. One of the things common between both of your test is the media. A media change may be exactly what the Doctor ordered. Good luck and let us know how things progress.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby thhult » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:44 pm

If I enter DL in the Build panel and DVD image as output, I get error message from Encore as above. But if I enter DVD (4.7 gb) that's fine and I get an image file that I can burn on a DL disc in Image Burn. I get message from Encore that the space is too small but I ignore.

I ignore

I ignore
thhult
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:47 pm

You should only get those sense codes if you are actually burning a disc -- they are a result of a hardware action by the burner on a disc. If you are getting them when you are not trying to burn a disk -- e.g. creating a dvd image on your hard drive -- something is wrong. The burner shouldn't be activated when you do that. In that case, it does sound like a possible Encore bug. I have seen reports of a software bug causing a 37304 error, but that was with a very old version of Encore and that bug was fixed a long time ago. If it is a new bug, don't expect a fix. Adobe has stopped development of Encore and it's frozen at the Encore CS6 level. There is no Adobe Encore CC version.
Bob

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:07 am

Apologies - off topic. What has replaced Encore in CC, Bob, anything?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bob » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:51 am

Nothing has replaced it. Adobe is providing the CS6 version to Creative Cloud subscribers. If you don't have it, you have to install Premiere Pro CS6 using your Creative Cloud account / serial number then uninstall everything but Encore CS6.

Here's Adobe's statement regarding Encore CS6 from their Encore FAQ:

"Is the Encore CS6 version the final release of this product?

Yes. The trend in the video and broadcast industry is moving away from physical media distribution. The
future is in cloud and streaming content. Therefore we are focusing more on products that deliver to
streaming services. For example, Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe Premiere Pro CC include a new
feature allowing users to create iPad-ready video with QuickTime chapter markers. The Encore CS6
version will be the final release of this product."
Bob

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:55 am

Bob wrote:.....Here's Adobe's statement regarding Encore CS6:-

"Is the Encore CS6 version the final release of this product?

Yes. The trend in the video and broadcast industry is moving away from physical media distribution. The
future is in cloud and streaming content........"

I can't disagree with that statement. Streaming is the on the upward trend these days.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to Premiere Pro