They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

End Action Error in Encore

Premiere Pro discussions.

End Action Error in Encore

Postby borgie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Project consists of one sequence having 5 Encore chapters, and one menu with 6 buttons (one button per chapter and one for a playlist "Play Movie"). The end action for each chapter and for the playlist is linked back to the menu.

The project completes ok. However, when I do File/Check Project -> Start I get the problem "End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point".
Can this problem be eliminted?
Thanks in advance
borgie
PC: Dell Alienware 51 R2, 32GB Quad Channel DDR4, 256GB SSD
Op System: Win8.1 x64
Camcorder: Sony HDR PJ 760VE
Profession: Hobbyist
borgie

Re: End Action Error in Encore

Postby Briantho » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 am

I've never had that error but it sounds related to the "End Action" for the timeline. I don't have Encore open at the moment but I always set that to something like "Return to last menu" What do you currently have it set to?
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Briantho » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:24 am

Sorry, I didn't read properly what you wrote before replying. Have you done a similar project in Encore before? How did you set things in previous projects? It sounds a very straightforward project. I can't immediately think what could have provoked the error message. I'll have a go at creating it myself in the next couple of days.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby borgie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 pm

The end action has been set to 'Return to last menu'. And yes, I have had that problem in similar project settings before.
It does not seem to affect the final operation of the movie i.e. a return from a chapter or from the playlist always takes place as it should. However, Encore says it is a problem .... I thought that I am doing something which I shouldn't be doing and would like to correct it.
borgie
borgie

Postby Briantho » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Try googling the message. It seems it may be OK to simply ignore it. How is the DVD/ISO file behaving? So it works OK the end of the DVD? Maybe it's all OK..! :-) I can't explain it but if it's working OK then I'd let it go - as weird as that may feel.
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 pm

In the Timeline Properties Box, I set the End Action to "the name of menu:Default" and the Menu Remote is set to "Return to Last Menu".

The only time I have had the End Action Error is when I am burning with no menu and I just ignore.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:22 am

My approach/workflow is slightly different and I have not encountered this error. (Hope that the following brief description makes sense!!).

In PPro I edit each clip (or set of clips) as a separate sequence. I don't set any DVD markers etc. in PPro.

Once done, I open the .prproj file in Encore. This allows the ability to import each sequence as a separate timeline. I then set each timeline as an individual chapter with appropriate end actions and I use a playlist to create a 'Play All', again with an appropriate end action.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:35 pm

The message "End action will not execute because of end action on the final chapter point" is a warning. It's telling you that the final chapter point in the playlist has an end action specified that will cause the playlist to be exited immediately after playing that chapter point. The playlist's end action won't be performed. In this case, I'm assuming that the end actions for both the chapter point and the playlist are the same, probably Return to Previous Menu. If that's the case, it will work the way you intended, but it's best if you fix the problem. If there are different end action behaviors or you rearrange the playlist or add a chapter point after the chapter point with the end action, you can have unexpected navigation or missing content issues.

It would help if we had a more detailed step by step of how you are doing this. It's not clear precisely how you are creating the playlist. Is the chapter point marker on the timeline colored Green? if so, there is an end action assigned to that chapter point.

Which version of Encore do you have?
Bob

Postby borgie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Sorry for not replying sooner. Had to be away for a few days. I migrated from Prel10 to Pr CS6 few months back have only managed to struggle through two projects so far. The learning curve is pretty steep!
I inserted the chapter markers in the sequence in Pr. In Encore they show yellow.
The end action of each chapter and the playlist, in my particular case, are all "Passport Menu HD: Default".
I created the playlist from File/New?Playlist - then moved all chapters using the Chapter Playlist window. Then created the end action for the playlist.
The movie runs ok i.e. I always get a return to menu ... which is what I want. Next project I will experiment with something different and see what happens.
Thanks for the help.
borgie
borgie

Postby demofred » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32 pm

I struggled with this "End Action Error" message for awhile. Finally figured out where I went wrong:

Only the Timeline needs an End Action. Do NOT put an End Action on ANY of the Chapters. They all should say "Not Set." Encore got confused when, at the end of my video/timeline, I had an End Action AND at the end of the last Chapter I also had an End Action.

As soon as I Deleted the duplicate End Action on the Chapter, I no longer had any errors.
demofred
New User
New User

Postby Briantho » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Great that you took the time and trouble to tell everyone that - thanks. Although I've now switched entirely to FCPX, I still use Encore extensively and if ever I should hit that message then I'm well prepared!
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks for the update Fred. Much appreciated. :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Premiere Pro